Brussels in June

Dickybeau

I’m in the process of planning my holidays in June. Following the untimely death of my travelling companion I am rethinking my route. I had originally planned to take him to ww1 and ww2 sites before meeting up with my wife somewhere in France. I now have 2 weeks on my own and had an insane fancy to join the Tartan Army and catch the Belgium Scotland game in Brussels on 11 June.

I would appreciate any suggestions for sites close to, or within, Brussels where I can leave the van for a few hours safely then stay in it. Ideally I need good public transport links to the King Badouin stadium. Aires or camp sites would be fine as long a I can get back to bed having had a beer or 2. I know there’s a special kind if masochism in following the Scotland team these days but humour me please!

This one, reviews are a bit mixed and no details on public transport but it seems to be near a ring road that is also near the stadium,

I have found this camper site on CamperContact: Camping Brussels,

Can’ copy all the details but you can find it on campercontact website

I had a look at the ACSI sites but nearest is south of Brussels as far as I can see. I only need somewhere so that I can see the match, have a beer or 3 and not have to drive until after lunch the following day. I also don’t want to be wandering around a strange area near midnight. It might be that it’s not 2orth the effort (never mind the years of Scotland disappointments). I’ll look further

There looks to be quite a few aires in and around the city and one in Aalst (north west of Brussels) close to what appears to be a mainline station which would undoubtedly be much quieter and no risk of congestion charge. The central one looks to be expensive but given its location that is not surprising. Probably need to be there early to mid morning to guarantee a place

https://www.campingcar-infos.com/Francais/cci.php?pays=BELGIQUE

starvin marvin - 2019-02-18 11:55 AM

pagey - 2019-02-16 11:56 AM

can you buy them in june (lol)

I tend to think of them as a winter veg! However, June... that’s just about the time my mother in law would start to put them on a low light, so they would be nicely ready for Xmas!!

i think i might shoot her :-D

monique.hubrechts@gm - 2019-02-18 5:59 PM

For sure they do. The Eu has given more to the uk like the pound etc etc .Glad that they stay on their own feet. Tee Hee!

The ideal person!! :-D

Monique, are you able to answer Dickybeau's question (the first on in this string)?

Is there a campsite or aire in/near Brussels that would give him direct public transport access (bus, tram or metro) to the King Badouin stadium in Heyssel for the Scotland - Belgium game on 11 June?

No Brian impossible to park there. Ask the organizers of the game what to do. The same goes for the city area. On trip ad visor you can check alternatives for motor home. The city of Brussels has a inner ring, and outer for road traffic. Suggest to find a place out of that perimeter of rings. And visit the Heizel stadium by public transport. In the meantime i will check a location for Dickybeau's question. Yes it is a dump their at the heizel unless you have access cards. If he is in problems there he can call me and park at my home, and take the train station at 500 mtrs from my home to brussels.

pagey - 2019-02-18 4:16 PM

I tend to think of them as a winter veg! However, June... that’s just about the time my mother in law would start to put them on a low light, so they would be nicely ready for Xmas!!

Too late, I worship the ground she’s in.

Brussels 1

There is a 5 place fully serviced enclosed yard in Brussels, but its €30 a night. It is apparently locked up at night and, looking on street view, appears to be a large solid metal gate. The link below provides some details but no contact details. If you found your way to the stellplatz and it was full, you’d need an alternative location.

Rue de l'Éléphant 4, 1080 Molenbeek-Saint-Jean, Belgium

50°51'11.2"N 4°20'05.4"E / 50.853114, 4.334845

http://www.bipa.be/camper/belgie/brussel/sintjansmolenbeek/jeugdherberggenerationeurope/index_de.htm

Brussels 2

There’s also a largish car park to the north of Brussels with no restrictions but no services either. It’s located at 1850 Grimbergen, Belgium

50°55'40.1"N 4°21'57.1"E / 50.927818, 4.365868

http://www.bipa.be/camper/belgie/vlaamsbrabant/grimbergen/terwilgen/index_de.htm

Brussels1.jpg.e826eb0a9eeaa928a63495292433c10f.jpg

Brussels2.jpg.e5b528959df0f26a0585b84c503ea086.jpg

starvin marvin - 2019-02-19 7:37 PM

pagey - 2019-02-18 4:16 PM

Too late, I worship the ground she’s in.

ok i will put my spud gun away(lol)

Archived