Burstner Elegance starter battery

vaila2

Has anyone had to change their starter battery on this model ? Mine is flat, and as it is now 5 years old, I think a new battery is in order. The access is the problem. Can it be removed from the front, from under the 'bonnet', or does it have to come out from inside the van by removing the panel between the dash and the windscreen ?

Hi vaila2

I have changed the starter battery in my elegance, its a bit fiddly i am afraid but can be done. I removed the coolant resovuoire first and swing that out of way, can be tied back. complete with the brackets. then that gives you the room to pull the battery out. Remember to buy a battery exactly the same size to go back in as it will be tight to slide the new one in. connecting the positive post is a matter of feeling around a bit as you cannot see the posts, but its do-able. Good luck and if you require any further info give me a shout.

Alan

You will certainly need to loose some skin, its not the easiest of places to work in, remember to take off the top of the coolant and put some cling film over it and screw the top back on, helps if you need to cant it well out of the way. also keep a big swear box handy too, the air was blue by the time i got it all together :$

Alan

Ah, thats a cop out, (lol) i just had to grin and bear it, i loathe paying garages for something i should be able to do, was a bit daunting i admit but was pleased i managed it. The lost skin didnt take too long to heal either

Alan

Archived