Burstner Nexxo Leisure Batteries draining as I watch

eddieandsue

We’ve got a problem that our two Banner Leisure Batteries are going flat within 15 minutes of disconnecting mains power. Checked that all the 12v lights etc are turned off but you can actually see the batteries draining as we watch the meter. Can anybody advise what might be the problem and who could we approach to sort the problem.

I think the Burstner is a 2011 model.

If that’s the case, and the Banner batteries are the original factory-fitted ones, it’s near certain that replacements are now needed.

As Keith says, test whether it’s just one battery failing and check the electrolyte-level of each battery. But Banner leisure-batteries do not have a reputation for longevity and an 8-year lifespan would be unusually good.

Hi Derek

The batteries were fitted by RoadPro in March 2012! We’ve ordered a hydrometer and will check the batteries when it arrives but it looks as if they have reached the end of their life!!

Unsure now whether to go for more Banner batteries or try the Gel ones. Do you have any opinion at all?

eddieandsue - 2019-10-13 11:11 PM

Hi Derek

The batteries were fitted by RoadPro in March 2012! We’ve ordered a hydrometer and will check the batteries when it arrives but it looks as if they have reached the end of their life!!

Unsure now whether to go for more Banner batteries or try the Gel ones. Do you have any opinion at all?

After 7 years there's no point getting a hydrometer. It's not going to tell you useful things anyway.

Re: what to get next: https://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Gel-lead-or-lead-accid-batteries/53316/

We have same problem, as soon as daylight goes and we put any amount of drain on the battery it’s goes flat and cuts out. It has been fine and now suddenly just loses power.

It is only two and half years as supplied new with the vehicle, although it has a Pilots sticker on it the name manafacturer is Cobat in Italy. Would anyone happen to know how long the guarantee is on batteries, I have emailed the dealer and Pilote direct but it’s the NEC in UK and the weekend France so don’t expect reply until next week.

Once again while travelling around we have to go back early due to problems with this vehicle, I’m sure it’s a Friday afternoon build :-(

We only have the one leisure battery and it’s 105 ah so it’s probably best to buy 2!

Archived