Burstner Radio - Pioneer

Cruisecontrol

Just bought a 2016 Burstner Nexxo 690G with a Pioneer AVH-X5800DAB radio (with sat nav etc) and need to improve DAB reception by fitting a better antenna. My previous van had the standard Fiat radio which was easy to remove - this one has nothing obvious and of couurse the instructions are useless. Any suggestion please?

The installation instructions available here:

https://www.pioneer-car.eu/uk/products/avh-x5800dab/support

will show you how to remove the trim and use the extraction keys (if you've been given them) to remove the unit. (Reverse of the preninstallation steps)

If your reception issues are DAB only, be aware that many DAB aerials require "phantom power" to be supplied from the radio to the in-built amp in the aerial. Your radio is capable of this, (it goes up the DAB aerial lead), and though the default setting is "on", it would be worthwhile checking the current mode in the digital settings (as in your manual), as it may have been changed)

My Rapido motorhome has a Pioneer AVH 2700BT double-DIN unit and, even using the supplied extraction keys, it can prove tricky to withdraw from the dashboard - but without the appropriate keys it’s hard to see how it could be removed.

Suitable keys are available cheaply on-line

https://www.amazon.co.uk/RADIO-REMOVAL-TOOLS-PIONEER-STEREOS/dp/B003JIFA7I

These units are intended for vehicles with an ignition-switch that has an ‘accessory’ position (which a late-model Fiat Ducato’s switch will not have). To sidestep that requirement Rapido fits a separate On/Off switch in the dashboard, but other motorhome manufacturers employ different work-arounds.

(When you withdraw the unit, be prepared for the cabling to detach itself from the unit’s rear.)

Archived