Buy British if You Dare

Guest Wilf Nicholson

Guest Wilf Nicholson
Thanks for the support at my recent rant about British Vans. Since writing my neighbour has fully rejected his recent British van. After part exchanging his perfect Autotrail (1997 Model) he bought another NEW british van from a so called reputable manufacturer and dealer. Promises of delivery were made and even though the vehicle was in stock on the forecourt he had to wait nearly 2 weeks. This meant that delivery on the wednesday only gave him 2 days to prepare for a south country holiday. Off he set only to discover that the wing mirrors had not been changed so vision was barely down the van side. (this is a 6 mtre coachbuilt). Once on site and after having no instruction as to use he set about the self help marathon. No problem so after a very wet night they woke to water pouring in through the side window onto the upholstery and into the locker and floor. The luton curtains fell off and the only way to open the cutlery drawer was to open the exterior door. They called at a Fiat dealer for advise on mirrors only to be told that the vehicle had not received a PDI and the re-calls were all outstanding. One home they returned this leaking ill fitting thing to the dealer and promptly rejected it. The amusing answer from the dealer regarding the water (2 inches) in the locker was that this is supposed to be a wet locker, surely not a swimming pool though. At this stage the legal eagles are involved so i will keep you posted over the weeks.

Guest Edward
This person is within there rights to reject this vehicle.I had a Boxer van in 1998. It went for first service and had to be welded in 19 different places underneath. There was a problem in production this was 3 months old at the time.I spoke to solicitor and I was told to write a letter stating that the vehicle was not fit for the perpose.They gave me another new one . I took it to another garage and same problem so I wrote another letter leaving van on forecourt and within a week got a complete refund.So tell your friend to speak to solicitor and write this letter.He is within his rights to reject,but he must put not fit for the perpose.Hope this helps tell him to keep calm and he will get his money back.

Archived