C1 Again!!

weldted

C1 a bit confused. Sent all the forms off, this is the second C1 got the first one a 70 fine. As my passport is only 7 years old did not send a photo as last time they took the passport one by giving them the number. Just got the forms back today with a letter saying could not process as no photo. As the one they have on file is only 7 years old am confused. I am sure from reading online that I did not have to send a photo this time.

You may well be correct but I cant find that condition anywhere on their site. Just tried the online renewal if not requiring C1 And it takes me right up to the point where it will only proceed online if I don’t need a C1 It would renew it. no mention of photo and using my passport number.

I renewed my C1 earlier this year (at age 76) without a new photo and my passport is nine years old. I found the instruction about whether and when to submit a photograph very difficult to understand but all I did was tick to say I had a current passport and provide the number.

Archived