CBE PC200/DS520 awning light quirk

Bobbygg

Guys, I've got a 2008 IH ducato pvc and got a query regarding the CBE awning light output

The PC200(ih) fitted hasn't got an awning light switch like most, but rather a aux switch instead.

https://i.postimg.cc/rpxN54nQ/IMG-20200305-122616.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/YCJx4R3v/IMG-20200305-122645.jpg

This has been used to supply a single light fitting in the centre of the cab headlining and having just fitted an over door led light/drip rail, I thought that the perfect cable run would be to the aux light and then reconfigure the wiring inside of the DS520(an) to take advantage of the awning light output which switches off when the engine is running.

All wiring done, pop out the pin from plug 19, pin 3, aux output, to plug 21, pin 3 for awning light.

Yup, all works satisfactory, but run the engine, and the lights don't turn off! Confirmed that it's on the awning light circuit by pulling fuse 11 - awning light

Whilst it's not really a problem, it would be a nice feature to actually be able to use, for convenience and safety if nothing else.

Has anyone come access this issue before? I know I could do a work around using the simulated D+ output and a relay but I'd rather sort out the problem than introduce a fix

The DS520 seams to be working in all other respects, the 12v fidget only comes on with the engine running, and the step retracts at the correct time too

Hi,

My PVC is an x244, 2006 IH Tio R, and is also equipped with CBE PC200/DS520 combination.

A cable for an awning light was already run to the LHS of the vehicle by IH.

I could not resist the temptation to fit a lamp, for which I installed a CBE switch with LED indicator immediately behind the cab area.

I can confirm that the awning light is extinguished when the engine is started.

The "AUX" switch connection was used to add a wardrobe light.

I suspect that your DS520 is faulty. As the awning light connection has not been used previously, the unit could have been faulty from new. Possible causes could be either a faulty relay, or solder shorting the relay contacts. I tend to be sceptical when faults are attributed to defective relays, but it can happen.

In general there is a shortage of published information about CBE DSxxx boards, and I would question the accuracy of some of the information that is available.

Alan

Thank you for your reply Alan, it's good to hear that CBE PC200 should work on exactly how I presume that it should for the awning output

I'm with you that there is a fault somewhere within the panel itself, and whilst I probably could remove the board, strip it and find/repair the fault myself, I don't think that the effort would be worth the end result.

I'll just live with it on the aux output for now

Rob

Archived