CC or C&CC sites

Pat

I know this has been asked before but can someone please let me know which club would be more suitable re CL or CS sites in regards of an RV 30' long. Not worried about hookup as we are self sufficient for most of the time but such things as access, gateways etc and of course hard standings especially for short?weekend breaks in winter. Also availabilty of dump facilities as we have onboard grey/black tanks. I'm sure that Neal or someone has some experience of these matters. Mainly interested about sites in Southern England as we are based in Southampton. Regards Pat

Hi Pat You're hopeful aren't you? CL's and CS's with access for a 30' RV, hardstandings AND dump facilities? The one thing you don't need, electric hookups, are the one thing that is easily identified in CL/CS listings. You will very rarely find acurate information on access that you can rely on to be right. Some CL/CS's have hardstandings but I am not aware of any anywhere that have RV dump facilities. Unfortunately we gave up using CL/CS's over 8 years ago when we upgraded to 27'. Now, at 30' bumper to bumper, we still do not use them but only because you can never be sure from the listings. Acouple of years ago I needed a site near Bournemouth for a business trip. At two commercial sites I visited in the area I could not even get into the site!! One I got in and then had to shunt and squeeze to get round the one way system and out again. See what I mean? Sorry not to be any help but it is the truth. Regards Neal

Guest PeteC
Hi Pat Unfortunately some of the above is correct, Most 5 van sites have a MH service point a As far as fitting in a 30ft unit. Then you would have to make enquiries before you turned up We are 20ft - Because where we want to go you couldnt get round the hairpin bends - There are problems of space. However we chose to give up extra space for manuverability As most 5 van sites are on farms they should be able to take you outfit - Have you seen the size of the feed waggons that they have to take in - Not only long but high and Very heavy We are in both clubs The 5 van sites are the same type in both

Pat and PeteC Be aware that "MH sevice point" does not always mean that you can dump your black tank there, nor does it always mean that you will have access for a 30' RV to do any sevicing of your motorhome. Regards Neal

Thanks for the replies. Yes Neal I realise that MH service points do not necessarily accommodate black tank disposals but that is not really a major point. The main reason for my poorly worded question was that of access to these CL and CS sites, also if there are many that can actually accommodate our RV and if so which club would be more suited to our needs! Thanks again Pat

Guest David Powell
I think you are asking the wrong question Pat, it is not which "Club" it is which "sites". I think you will find you will have to phone ahead and ask the pertinent questions. On top of those requirements already mentioned, I know nice CC & C&CC farm sites that if you don't get pads down quick you will sink in, so with your weight!?WOW

Guest David Powell
SORRY PAT ! I will rephrase that last observation. "With the weight of your magnificent large and commodious motor home ! ? WOW

Archived