CDW insurance for our Motorhome holiday hire

stagger321

Hi,

As per my prev posts we are dipping our toes into Motorhome ownership by Hiring a Motorhome next year.

The deed is done, and I have pulled the trigger on a week in the summer.

One extra (that can be ordered before we leave) is Collision Damage Waiver Insurance. to reduce the financial hit, in the even of any issues with the hire.

It is expensive though through the hiring company (£29/day) Does anyone here have suggestions to how to reduce this.

So are there any reputable company's that I can go to, or is best to stick with the hiring company's option

Thanks

stagger321 - 2018-11-28 2:20 PM

Hi,

As per my prev posts we are dipping our toes into Motorhome ownership by Hiring a Motorhome next year.

The deed is done, and I have pulled the trigger on a week in the summer.

One extra (that can be ordered before we leave) is Collision Damage Waiver Insurance. to reduce the financial hit, in the even of any issues with the hire.

It is expensive though through the hiring company (£29/day) Does anyone here have suggestions to how to reduce this.

So are there any reputable company's that I can go to, or is best to stick with the hiring company's option

Thanks

There are quite a few companies offering ‘stand-alone’ CDW insurance but - as you’ll be hiring a motorhome - you’ll need to ensure that a policy will be suitable. There’s an example here

https://www.worldwideinsure.com/motorhome-hire-excess-insurance.php

Make absolutely certain you know what the £29/day CDW covers so that you can make a valid comparison with other policies.

Derek Uzzell - 2018-11-28 2:38 PM

Make absolutely certain you know what the £29/day CDW covers so that you can make a valid comparison with other policies.

As this, CDW can vary as to what it covers and how much excess there is.

i.e. some will not cover underbody damage, so if you take out an exhaust or underslung tank it's not covered, some will only cover to a certain height so if you hit a tree or bridge your not covered.

Archived