Cab blinds in Chausson 610

ChrisH

In April 2016 I bought a new Chausson Welcome 610 based on a Ford Transit from Highbridge motorhomes.

A month or so before delivery I was told that although cab blinds were included in the Welcome spec they could not be fitted to my vehicle because the interior mirror 'base' had been changed by Ford and the blinds would not fit.

Over one year later I received a letter from Highbridge saying they now had the reconfigured blinds in stock and asked me to book the van in for fitting. This I did in January this year. Having been told the job would take around two hours I started to get concerned when after five hours I had heard nothing. I was eventually told that the window blinds had been fitted but they couldn't complete the fitting of the windscreen blinds as Chausson (Trigano) had sent the wrong top rail - the root cause of the problem nearly two years ago.

To this day I have still heard nothing. I have chased Highbridge who have always replied and I have also written to Chausson three times all of which they have ignored.

Has anyone had a similar experience and more importantly has anyone had these blinds fitted?

Thanks in advance.

Chris

The Chausson Welcome 610 on the Euro 6 Transit I took delivery of 1st March last year came with the Remis blinds already fitted. I don't recall the front blind giving any problems with regard to the mirror base.

I can't check further as to the design of the top rail, though, as I replaced the van with the Fiat version this March (couldn't get on with the Transit).

Nigel B

ChrisH

This link is to the Remimobil 2017/2018 catalogue

https://remimobil.de/assets/files/REMImobil-Lieferprogramm_2017_EN_kl.pdf

Information on the REMIfront IV cab-blinds for the Mk 8 Ford Transit (Model V363) is on Page 10 of the catalogue, and there is a caveat that the front (windscreen) blinds are only suitable for Transits “Without visibility pack”.

No photos of the ‘visibility pack’ are provided for Transit, but examples of the pack(s) fitted to Transit Custom models are shown on Page 11. It will be noticed (back on Page 10) that, although front blinds are available for Transit CUSTOM vehicles with the visibility pack, the vehicle (apparently) needs to be in LHD format.

I recall you asking about this in 2016

http://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Cab-blinds-Ford-Transit/40603/

If the Remis catalogue is to be believed, there is no REMIfront windscreen blind suitable for a Transit Mk 8 if that vehicle has a big plastic moulding behind the interior rear-view mirror.

I don’t know if this is relevant to the Chausson-related issue, but the advert on the following link (and the 1st photo I’ve attached) shows a REMIfront IV windscreen blind for a Ford Transit EURO 6 model with a rain-sensor housing above the rear-view mirror.

http://www.trigano-service.com/produit.asp?id_prod=X818867#

It will be apparent that the upper part of each blind-half’s centre edge is shaped to allow for the sensor-housing and (presumably) the blind’s top-rail would also need to be designed to allow for the sensor’s presence.

The 2nd and 3rd attached photos show REMIfront IV blinds fitted to a Transit that does not have the rain sensor and the differences in the rear-view mirror area will be plain.

291511246_transitblind.jpg.a839e5162594db150656f919f41186e9.jpg

620910642_transitblindnosensor.jpg.0cd7c1a525946ecd5a7ddc8727971f71.jpg

mirror.jpg.a48239ae4225e11456c09dfb5581cb0a.jpg

• 4 months later...

Incredibly over one year since I was told by Highbridge that they had the parts needed for my blinds I am still waiting.

They tell me that Chausson / Trigano have sent the wrong parts many times and when they contacted Remis they declined to reply. Much the same as the experience I have had when I have emailed Chausson who also won't reply.

I have seen these blinds fitted to a Benimar van and am trying to source the parts via that route.

Anyone got any other suggestions?

Chris

My Dethleffs had the rear view mirror removed and remis blinds fitted from new. But as I had a rear window which gives a view of traffic immediately behind me, I fitted a mirror, and now the blinds have a gap of about 20 mm when closed and I secure them with a rubber band.

This makes little difference as I am sure only someone standing next to the bonnet could see anything inside.

Archived