Calor Lite again

Zydeco Joe

Been told today that Calor are Not filling Calor Lite bottles as its too much bother. Is this True ?. Contacted two local to me dealers who both have not had any Lite bottles from Calor since mid May despite both of them ordering on numerous occasions since May 2018. Makes the decision to have a gas tank fitted easier. >:-(

In May 2017, Calor Gas announced it was phasing out Calor Lite because the cylinders were not sufficiently hard wearing. It intended designing a new lightweight cylinder in co-operation with the market. I've heard little about the new design but I know that as CalorLite bottles are returned [some were recalled], the damaged ones are not being repaired and refilled.

However, there are still stocks of Calor Lite at some retailers - 60 reported today at one Welsh outlet. I changed mined last moth and counted a dozen such cylinders [may have been more].

I guess we may be seeing too few CalorLite cylinders left in circulation to meet demand and soon there will be none..

This is what Calor say -

https://www.calor.co.uk/calor-lite-propane-gas-bottle.html

How many of us have proof that we purchased a Calor Lite?

It's all very well swapping to a conventional 6kg Calor to tide you over but with no acceptable proof on that transaction when you want to return to the 'new' Lite you will be scuppered.

As ever I am unimpressed by Calor's pompous self righteous attitude and I would certainly seriously consider a refillable as a better way forward.

In my view Calor do not deserve your business.

Even Go Outdoors do not show them on their web site, they always did in the past even if you had to find a store with one in stock now...……... :' Glad I also use as well as calor lite a French Le Cube that I can exchange at most supermarkets no bother while in France were I spend most of my time in the van. Calor get you act sorted or we all will be using other companies products me for one when I get back from next trip.

Zydeco Joe - 2018-08-03 11:01 AM

Been told today that Calor are Not filling Calor Lite bottles as its too much bother. Is this True ?. Contacted two local to me dealers who both have not had any Lite bottles from Calor since mid May despite both of them ordering on numerous occasions since May 2018. Makes the decision to have a gas tank fitted easier. >:-(

Hi,

Calor

DERBY ROAD BOOTLE.

LIVERPOOL

Had a load delivered in May, wouldn't be surprised if they still had a few.

cheers

derek

Thanks Derek.

The Calor depot in Bootle distributes bottles all over the North West of England so could be the same as is in my area the West Midlands all Calor Lite bottles from the May delivery used and no new ones issued by Calor to individual dealers. The end of the Lite bottle until they make a new bottle.

Archived