CamperStop Europe 2005

Guest Rees Pryce

Guest Rees Pryce
When in France earlier this month I was shown a copy of the above guide to aires and stopping places for motor caravans/campers/camping-cars throughout Europe. It is published by Facile Media at AN Oss in the Netherlands. It includes entries in English as well as French - and clearly is an alternative aires guide to the French and German volumes which are better known. Has anyone experience of using this particular guide? In an e-mail to me the publishers quoted the price of €34.50 (includes postage of €6.00). But it can be obtained from the Motor Caravanners Club for £13 - but only for members (which I am not). How can this guide be obtained (I wish to avoid the banker's fees for £20 for a banker's draft, which Facile.Media tell me I should use)! Far too costly. Is the guide reliable in its coverage etc?

Guest Brian Matthews
Hi Rees We have just purchased ours through the M.C.C. as we are members. Not had a chance to use it yet, but it does look like it is a very comprehensive and useful publication. There is an ISBN number for the book, it is ISBN 90-76080-09-7 you may be able to order it through Amazon or your local bookshop.

Guest mrs j johnson
While we were in France this year we met a french man who told us about a web site which french people send in aires and new ones that they have stayed at. The web sit is www. campingcar.enliberfe.free.fr Hope this helps

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest peter goddard
Hi Rees, Could you check the ISBN number you quoted in your posting dated 27/9, it comes up as a book called "A Million Random Digits" in an Amazon search. Ta.

Dear Peter: It was one of my respondents who gave the incorrect ISBN number - not I! It seems that Amazon are unable to supply but the publishers do have a site on the www at www.camperstop.com and can be contacted by e-mail (which I have done) at info@facilemedia.nl. You can download sample pages from their www site. They have offered to send me a copy by post for at €34.50 (includes postage €6.00) and they ask for payment by bank transfer which makes it all expensive. The Motorcaravanners Club do sell copies to members for £13.00 (bargain!) but I am not a member. I have have decided to wait until I go to the Netherlands next year when I shall try and buy a copy there. By then there should be a 2006 edition - though the publishers tell me that they do not have any plans for a 2006 edition. It seesms to be a very useful guide to aires and other places for us to stop and covers many more countries than the French guides.

Archived