Campervan Foam?

pilm1

Hi everybody,

I'm looking for some recommendations on which foam to use as a seat/mattress in my VWT4. Here I'm able to purchase the foam cut to size, but I'm conscious of buying a grade which is too hard for sleeping.

I'm considering purchasing a topper made of memory foam to sit atop a higher density base to provide that extra support (it's the blue foam if you're familiar). However, I'm not sure if this would be the best option. Does anybody here have any experience with the matter?

Thank you in advance :)

Hi

I'm not saying that you won't get an answer on here but, if you haven't already done so, it'd be worth asking on the likes of the- http://sbmcc.co.uk/forums/ (and maybe on more "campervan" specific 'sites

,rather than the predominately pre-built motorised caravans that are on here)

Hope you get sorted :-D

(the one downside with a separate "topper" is where are you going to stash it when it's not required? Far better to get the bed and foam right from the off, I would've thought.)

pilm1 - 2018-10-02 10:58 AM

I'm considering purchasing a topper made of memory foam to sit atop a higher density base to provide that extra support (it's the blue foam if you're familiar). However, I'm not sure if this would be the best option. Does anybody here have any experience with the matter?

Hi Pilm1, our mattress was part of the conversion, so don’t know where it came from, but it’s very comfortable.

Ours is a memory foam bonded to a blue foam base, and it works very well. We think it’s at least as comfortable as our mattress at home,

Hope you find a suitable supplier,

Regards, Snowie

P.s. ours is a double but in two halves to be more manoeuvrable? Excuse spelling.

pilm1 - 2018-10-02 10:58 AM

Hi everybody,

I'm looking for some recommendations on which foam to use as a seat/mattress in my VWT4. Here I'm able to purchase the foam cut to size, but I'm conscious of buying a grade which is too hard for sleeping.

I would go for a high density foam, for wear. If it is too hard for sleeping on you can buy good overlays in places like Dunelm, BUt you would have to be able to store them , which maybe a problem in a camper van. We had them but could store in over cab in our motorhome

PJay

Our van is a Relay l2h2 conversion. We have a one inch deep memory foam topper in our van and it makes the world of difference to the bed.

We had to cut it down to size and we put it in a duvet cover also cut down to size. In the daytime we fold it in half and roll it up tight (lengthways) and secure it with a couple of ties (ours I made with tape and velcro fastenings) and store it under the passenger dash behind the swivel seat so its out of the way when pitched

and when we travel we just put it in the back on one of the seats. It works for us.

Archived