Camping Card International (CCI)

Guest Roy Hamilton

Guest PeteC
You can get them from Camping Cheque UK as part of a sale - Camping Cheques, Insurance, Ferry RAC & I think AA (If you are a Member) All charge £6+

Guest Cliver
We have been using a very old camping card for years, none of the camp sites in France were worried about its age. I asked once and they said "Providing the passport details are correct its fine". So when we renewed our passports last year I got a new card. RAC over the phone.

Guest David
Hi, Yes you can get them from AA. Caravan Club. Its OK having an old one, and the French saying we do not care how old it is. You aint covered by the Insurance thats part of the reason for having one, as well as not having to leave your passport. IOts worth spending £6 for the insurance cover alone, evry little helps if you do cause damage on a Camp Site. David

Guest Mel B
I've checked with the Caravan Club today - you can get the CCI from them by ringing 01342 316101 with credit card payment of £4.50 (members only I think) or by taking out their Red Pennant Insurance in which case it's free.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Clive
What Insurance? I thought that the Camping Card was just a precis of one,s passport details?. Nothing else. Am I wrong again?

aw Clive, you should be a member of a 'club' affiliated to the main bit [FICC ??] and the card provides 3rd party insurance. Technically, if you leave the home club what issued the card, then the card is null and void! have tried to access their site to give you a link - but there appears to be a fault ie 404 rules OK

Archived