Camping in Uzes

Guest Annie

Have recently read an article suggesting Uzes is a pleasant place to stay in. The writer suggested various hotels, of course! Has anybody stayed at the campsite in the town, La Paillote? The Caravan Club book, elderly, makes mention of narrow roads. We received very helpful advice last year about camping in St. Remy, so am again hopeful. Many thanks. Annie

Guest Brian Ramsden
I am afraid I can't comment on the campsite but Uzès is a beautiful town, well worth a visit. When we visited it we stayed at the aire at Anduze, which is something like 40 kms away. this is a good aire for an overnight stop. Especially appreciated by train buffs - it is on the station carpark for the steam rilway - just a fence between you and the trains. The town itself is nice. Brian

If this Uzes is the same that I visited near the Port-du-Gard viaduct it's a fascinating town. Park outside and walk. I stayed in a Hotel nearby. PS There's a French VW workshop 3 miles away. That's why I was there with an alternator failure. Why don't the French mechanics smile, and they had a two hour lunch as well !!! bill h

Guest Gillian Selby
If it's the same site, we stayed there with a caravan for 10 days or so a few years ago. It's a terraced site with a footpath to the town without going out through the main gate. The day before we were to leave we discovered there was to be a wine fetival that week-end so stayed a few more days! The town itself is lovely with a tower similar to Pisa and many ornately tiled roofs. Well worth a visit to a not too well known spot. Spend a few days there. Gillian

Archived