Campsite for early tunnel

weldted

Black Horse Farm Caravan Club at Densole. Has a special area with pitches reserved for early departures. Black Horse Pub opposite is good for a meal the night before. They are especially welcoming for dogs who even have their own food menu. From pub leave M20 at J12 for Eurotunnel terminal. Seems to send you in the wrong direction but trust the signs as it loops back.

Some years ago I asked the Black Horse Pub at Densole if we could stay on their car park overnight if we used the Pub, they said yes but we didn't we used the BH Campsite in the end. Pub has changed hands since then though, worth asking but it is next to the main road.

Will be at the Black Horse Campsite next weekend all being well.

B-)

If you go to the Canterbury c&cc site early leavers are parked outside of barriers, so you can leave early and not disturb others. Note that the Folkestone club site has no parking outside barriers and watch s not suitable for early leavers.

Mickt - 2019-10-07 8:01 AM

£3.50 each 24 hours

Yes that's what we paid earlier this year MickT but they must have changed the timing when the new barriers went in as I'm fairly sure we only paid £3 for an overnight stay previously - I checked the T&C's and it's definitely midday to midnight so cost us £7 from about 18.00 to 07.30 next day.

david lloyd - 2019-10-07 9:58 AM

£3.50 each 24 hours

Yes that's what we paid earlier this year MickT but they must have changed the timing when the new barriers went in as I'm fairly sure we only paid £3 for an overnight stay previously - I checked the T&C's and it's definitely midday to midnight so cost us £7 from about 18.00 to 07.30 next day.

That is correct £7 if you overnight and free bus to Canterbury as often as you will toilet dump water fill up and rubbish disposal , Bargain, stay at a campsite and see what that will cost you. 20 minute drive to the Calais Ferry port, how long to the Tunnel , don't know, don't do that .

david lloyd - 2019-10-07 9:58 AM

£3.50 each 24 hours

Sorry, should read midnight to midnight. I also agree it is good value but just making the point that the simple change from midday to midday pricing has, effectively, doubled the price if you stay overnight.

• 2 weeks later...
Book in at Eurotunnel, you will probably be offered an earlier crossing and can then stay on the other side at Cite Europe (used it many a time for years), Alternatively stay the night on their Folkestone carpark, there are 24hr services and also a 'dump' point.

Archived