Campsite or stop over near Lille

fjmike

Guest fjmike
We are going to the Braderie in Lille this September. Has anybody any info on campsites / aires or stop overs near Lille as I can't find anything much on the net. Thanks

I can only help with Lille itself. You are allowed to park overnight in the huge car park at the Citadel in Lille. We stayed after spending a night at the campsites suggested by the tourist office. Don't go near them, there are two with the same address. Sorry can't remember where. (I think the town began with an 'h') But the facilities were absoulately attrocious. The inside of my toilet casette was cleaner than their facilities. I know that isn't much help but I can find out if that is the only help you get.

Guest fjmike
Thanks for the info Norma, parking at the citadel would be out as the entire centre of Lille is taken over by the Braderie. I think the site you referred too was at Houplines. When did you visit this site?(am hoping things might have improved)

Well done - It was Houplines. We were there last year - when Lille was the capital of culture. Looking on the net there seem to be more sites there than the tourism leaflet offered. Even a naturiste site! I suspect the site was Camping de l'image. If you get to the gateway and see the offering of two sites at the one entrance - go and look first! If I remember correctly one was straight ahead and one off to the right. I've also found a site at 59262 SAINGHIN EN MELANTOIS which seems to be on the outskirts of Lille. Good luck

Guest Cattwg
Mike, the Rough Guide lists: Camping Les Ramiers, Bondues. "Lille's nearest site is located in the village of Bondues, about 10km north of the city and is linked by bus. Closed Nov-April." Hope this helps. Safe travelling - Cattwg

Archived