Caravan and Motorhome club members be aware

FRANKP60

Yesterday I received an email from C@MC advising me that the booking I had for Baltic Wharf will be going up because of change of May bank holiday next year .

As we have never been able to book Baltic Wharf we book as soon as it became available early May 19 for May 20,we did not want the early bank holiday weekend so book three nights Tues 5 th till Friday 8th leave .

New price

Two nights Tues /Wed £31.10 per night , Thursday one night £38.40 total £100.60 .,In theory until midnight Thursday that is not a bank holiday .

Have spoken to Head office C@MhC and told to email in and complain .

In my opinion if I went on line now and booked after seeing new prices that is my choose ,But we have been quoted a price in early May and that's the price we should be charge .They will reduce price for original bank holiday .

Just shows what C@MHC think of its members

Surely if they change the fees due to date changes by the government that is reasonable.....they are at least adjusting both up and down depending on the effect on bookers.

Apart from all the small print that you are aware of naturally!

;-)

I sympathise with your situation, the late change by the government has caught a lot if people out.

Lucky you're not one of the many brides who find their guests can't get away from work for their weddings!

Perhaps I'm being cynical, but what are the chances this is made permanent by the present (just about) Tory government?

They would much prefer a VE day bank holiday to a Mayday one, which was originally international workers' day, celebrated with parades through Red Square in Moscow!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Workers%27_Day

Totally with you on this issue, ( see my recent post on site fees and follow up comments. ) It makes you consider why we pay an annual membership fee and bother to belong to a so called club when they seek to rip off members at the first chance that comes their way.

I think the way forward is to seek out independant sites and cancel club membership and save yourselves some of your hard earned cash.

Keen Canary

I smile at the madness of motorhoming in the UK. It is a monumental rip off. I spend my time motorhoming, time and money, on the continent. More freedom, more choice less hassle. Sod the clubs, they are in it only for themselves. But there again, that’s Britain 2019, a rather sad little island.

Archived