Carpets

steveandlisa

Carpets  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We have ours rolled up in a cupboard at home. We use rubber backed cotton mats/runners instead. Our original carpets are light and collect a lot of dirt and dog hairs. The mats we use are almost black and can be shaken out easily so easier to keep clean but don’t look grubby.

steveandlisa - 2019-04-27 10:53 PM

Do you prefer to take your carpets up or leave them down?

My personal preference is to take them up and store them away.

Steve

We took our carpets out the moment we brought the van home theey are rolled up in the garage. We have cheap scatter mats which we renew when they look a bit grubby. The floor is much easier to keep clean without carpets especially now we have a poodle puppy. :D

We have ours down in winter (with rugs on top) as it helps keep things nice and warm but they come up in Spring and washable rugs go down. I don’t believe in never using them as all you’re doing is saving them for the next owner?? It’s like people keeping the plastic cover on their new sofa, why not just buy a plastic sofa?

Original Autotrail carpets in beige not suitable to use, so took them up an they live in the attic!! Replaced with some good hardwearing and suitable colour ones made using the originals as template, but only use them in winter....summertime best to use the smart vinyl flooring which can easily be cleaned and swept.

I suspect it depends on lifestyle. Our house fitted carpets stay down throughout the year so we see no reason to do otherwise in the van. But then we prefer to not wear shoes and don’t keep pets and also have an entrance mat that catches most dirt when we first step in. Any minor dirt that gets trailed in is easily removed with a dustpan and brush.

As we have an Auto-Trail our carpet is also the same beige colour. We leave ours in place as I prefer to walk on carpet than vinyl when not wearing shoes. As a number of the sites we stay at are dirt we generally remove shoes at the door. As a backup we always place a towel between the hab door & sink. Two benefits - catches any dirt from outside and any splashes from the sink. We also carry a vacuum cleaner and carpet wipes. Generally after every longer trip I remove and spot clean the carpets. Cheers,

We leave our carpets in place all year round as we prefer to walk around soft underfoot (with slippers). We have a plastic boot tray at the door and always remove our shoes. We have added an additional runner in front of the kitchen area where most of the wear takes place and it would also offer some protection from spills. The carpet gets a quick once over with a small brush and pan most days and removed every now and then for a proper brush. We did have an incident with our toilet leaking last year so the carpets all had to be replaced but that only cost £80 so no big deal really.

Archived