Changing a ferry booking

ColinM50

Back in Jan we made a Dover Calais booking via the Camping and Caravanning club for travel 2/22 July.

As things stand now, SWMBO has decided we're not going to risk it, we both have underlining issues so we won't go. All I want to do is change the booking to same dates next year. But you can't do it.

Since the booking was made via CCC, P&O won't amend the booking, I know this from previous trips. Neither P&O or CCC are answering phones, they're all on holiday/lockdown and refer you to their respective websites. Both of which then tell you to phone to make amendments. Bit of a circle eh?

IMHO neither of these two companies deserve to survive if they can' get basics right. Why can't phone calls get transferred to one of their hard working (yeah right) holidaymakers, oops I mean travel professionals?

Anyone managed to make a ferry booking or know a phone number that actually gets answered.

When I contacted both the C&MC and Eurotunnel I used emails and received emails back within 2 days.

Both not connected issues and Eurotunnel were superb and the C&MC were good.

Offices are closed and some employees are working from home by email only for safety reasons offices mostly are closed.

Den

Hi , I had a Calais-Dover booking with P&O through CAMC for early July. the event I was going to was postponed so I contacted CAMC they contacted P&O and I have a credit for twelve months with no rebooking fee .P&O would not do refunds but as the postponed event takes place the same weekend next year and my event ticket will be valid I am ok with that. This was sorted two months ago when you could phone CAMC probably all different now.

Slightly off topic, but wife and I had booked a Danube river cruise with TUI as a 50th anniversary treat for late September, Tui contacted me after canceling all river cruises until at least November offering to rebook a different holiday with a discount or a full refund of the deposit we had paid. Went for the refund and had the money back within a week.

Regards David

Den - 2020-05-22 7:49 PM

When I contacted both the C&MC and Eurotunnel I used emails and received emails back within 2 days.

Both not connected issues and Eurotunnel were superb and the C&MC were good.

Offices are closed and some employees are working from home by email only for safety reasons offices mostly are closed.

Den

I think e-mail, as above, is your answer. The only person who can change a ferry/tunnel booking is the person who made the booking with the ferry company (i.e. it is the booker who makes the contract). The CCC has made a booking on your behalf, so to alter the booking you have to ask the CCC to alter it for you.

You are better off dealing with the change via e-mail because all parties will then have a record of exactly what has been requested, offered, and accepted.

ColinM50 - 2020-05-22 7:10 PM Back in Jan we made a Dover Calais booking via the Camping and Caravanning club for travel 2/22 July. As things stand now, SWMBO has decided we're not going to risk it, we both have underlining issues so we won't go. All I want to do is change the booking to same dates next year. But you can't do it. .....

My experience has been that discount fares booked via the clubs are the most basic, Saver types and do not permit you to change dates as of right. If this is the case why should you expect C&CC or P&O to allow you to change dates free of charge as if you had paid a higher price for flexibility? You are the one who's deciding not to travel, even though by July the options to do so might be opening up.

Sorry Stuart, you're totally wrong. I've made loads of cf changes to bookings via C&CC with no problem at all. From the tone of your reply seems you have an axe to grind with less expensive fares? Or maybe you're a travel agent or work in the industry

Archived