Albertslad

david lloyd - 2022-06-01 11:55 AM

Have I missed something here?

David

I copy a post from D Uzzell which should explain

Regards

Alan Bell/Albertslad

Derek Uzzell - 2022-05-10 7:13 AM

I no longer own a motorcaravan and don't subscribe to any leisure magazines. What motorhome-related knowledge I have is rapidly becoming outdated and there's no real incentive for me to continue participating on motorhome forums. So when the O&AL forum moves to a new platform I plan to bow out.

Albertslad - 2022-06-01 1:37 PM

david lloyd - 2022-06-01 11:55 AM

Have I missed something here?

David

I copy a post from D Uzzell which should explain

Regards

Alan Bell/Albertslad

Derek Uzzell - 2022-05-10 7:13 AM

I no longer own a motorcaravan and don't subscribe to any leisure magazines. What motorhome-related knowledge I have is rapidly becoming outdated and there's no real incentive for me to continue participating on motorhome forums. So when the O&AL forum moves to a new platform I plan to bow out.

Thank you Alan - I suppose I guessed the answer but hadn’t seen the post so it is somewhat of a surprise.

For me personally, Derek has always been one of the most helpful and knowledgeable members on this forum and never ceased to amaze me with his ability to pinpoint accurate information on a whole variety of topics. He has assisted me with information countless times for which I shall always be grateful. I will be sorry to see him go but I guess there is a right time for everyone to bow out and I do hope he will not miss the role he has played or, perhaps more importantly, his own motorhoming exploits.

Thank you Derek for your help and assistance over the years.

Regards David

If Warners was a University you would have been awarded a doctorate in the ability to find "stuff" on Google. I have not come across someone with your ability in that area.

Thank you for your very valuable input to the forum as a contributor & moderator over the 8 years I have been a member.

DR Derek Uzzell - has a nice ring to it!! Good luck in your future endeavours. cheers,

Derek has been an absolute hero ! His untiring and unstinting effort to help others has been legendary and the forum will miss him enormously.

His research ability is absolutely remarkable (even though his disclosures about his past life and occupation give a hint why).

Thank you VERY much indeed

All the very best Derek and enjoy and make the very best of your leisure time in whatever manner you choose.

Derek, I have never considered your contributions to be outdated, quite the contrary as has been said above, a staggering ability to find earlier references or point one in the right direction on any issue. Thank you very much for all you have done you will be missed. I join in wishing you well for the future.

Others have said it all, you'll be missed. I've always been intrigued how you can find/remember what folks have posted previously. In my case you've reminded me that I asked the same Q a few months/years ago and you point iot out factually and with no sarcasm, more than I do.

Wherever life leads you there will always be place here for you.

I'm minded to think Arnie got it right - "you'll be back". We hope.

Many thanks for all your help and advice (lol) (lol) *-)

Geeco - 2022-06-02 3:04 AM

If Warners was a University you would have been awarded a doctorate in the ability to find "stuff" on Google. I have not come across someone with your ability in that area.

Plus a professor in being pedantic and knighthood in not suffering fools gladly!

Well Derek, what's to say that other's already have?

You have been the greatest mainstay of this forum, with your knowledge ungrudingly shared, with all members, including those in "chatterbox" & without judgement of the post's creator.

Wishing you every success & happiness wherever life leads you, Sir.

Derek

Very sad to hear about you leaving the forum.

The advice given to me on many occasions has been valued.

Your depth of knowledge and advice will sorely be missed.

I wish you well in whatever you do next.

Archived