Charging query?

weldted

Hi all, I have posted before about the poor charging rate on our 2019 Burstner 2.3 150. When parked up on hook up the voltage will read 14.7 for most of the day (AGM 2x 95 amp) then settle to 13.4. But if I run the Dometic freezer box off of the batteries without the hook up on the batteries gradually run down as expected. Powering up the 240 with the batteries showing say 80% the voltage stays at 13.4 no charging amps are shown just reads 0.00. State of charge remains the same even left overnight. If I then turn off 240 pull the 50 amp fuse by the batteries wait a min or two plug it back in Turn on the 240 the voltage goes up Steadily to 14.7 charge shows around 7/8 amps which gradually drops and overnight the batteries go up to 100%. Appreciate the van is still under warranty but we are not back in the UK until end of December.

As you probably know, the EBL630 uses the latest SDTBUS to communicate with the various support modules and is therefore far more complicated than the "standard" EBL. That said, your display unit may be able to display any faults codes that should help to diagnose the problem.

Do you see any faults codes? (You have not said what display unit you have, but on a LT632B display, these will appear for a few seconds after switching on the unit)

Since your charger stays at 13.4V, it would seem it is going straight into the trickle charge mode. This could be just a faulty unit or perhaps battery temperature sensor? I don't know what the diagnostic LED on the EBL indicates, but you could try asking Udo.Lang at schaudt.gmbh who I find is very helpful.

Archived