Chausson610

Motherhen0

A photo of a Chausson Flash 610 is attached below and shows the general size/layout of the rear garage.

A requirement to tether stuff in a motorhome’s garage will depend on the size of the garage, what is going to be kept in the garage and how badly the motorhome’s owner is afflicted by Tidiness Disease.

The following webpage shows Fiamma products that can be used to orgsanise motorhome garage storage.

https://www.fiamma.it/en/garage-en.html

651883045_ChaussonFlash610.png.ec2bbbb17a27c55df7a449fccd5cce5e.png

• 2 months later...

Just as a matter of interest, I made my own fittings for this using some bolts and an angle grinder to adapt the head into a similar shape as the Fiamma ones. Also, on our 610 the clothes hanging rail seemed determined to distribute the clothes around the wardrobe.

These fittings {Gliss 6083 curtain track sliders } are perfect for the hanging rail as they slide into the rail. They are also quite cheap. . I bought packs of 10 for about £4.50 a pack.off the amazon website.

Hope that's a bit of help.

Very pleased with my 610 flash, went to Slovenia last year. Fantastic.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a great MH - it was our first one bought in 2015 - it won the Motorhome of the year award in its category - the video is on YouTube- one thing and the reason I am replying - I decided to try and lift the vehicle using the jack provided - front no problem but the back was impossible with the scissor jack - it's worth buying a bottle jack just in case you get a puncture. incidentally also bought a spare wheel and fitted this into the garage ( on the shelf ) , enjoy the Chausson

(Spelling corrected - Keithl)

(PS You can edit a post within 30 minutes of posting)

noble1 - 2020-03-13 7:01 PM

...I decided to try and lift the vehicle using the jack provided - front no problem but the back was impossible with the scissor jack...

Could you say, please, why it proved impossible to lift the Chausson’s rear?

There’s no doubt that some motorhomes based on a Ford Transit front-wheel drive chassis can be challenging when it comes to changing a rear wheel, but the standard Ford scissor-jack SHOULD be technically capable of lifting the vehicle at the back as well as at the front.

I owned a FWD Transit-based Hobby motorhome from 2005 to 2014 and always used the supplied scissor-jack when removing a rear wheel. With the Hobby, the jacking technique described in the Transit manual could not be employed and the method I used (jacking near the front of the rear spring rather than near the spring’s back end) put extra load on the jack - but the jack proved able to cope.

Hi Derek

I am happy to explain .

The reason I could not raise the rear axle of the MH with the scissor jack was based on the location of the lifting point - when you placed the jack under the rear you could not apply enough leverage on the jack handle to turn the jack - I tried various lifting positions but I came to the conclusion that in fitting the Motorhome body on top of the chassis renders this stlye of Jack hopeless - the jack is simply too far under to generate any pressure . Hence the bottle jack with a longer straight handle and and up and down motion

OK -thanks.

I don’t attempt to use my Ducato’s scissor-jack with the standard tools’ provided in the supplied Fiat tool kit. Instead I connect to the jack several extension bars from my own socket set and use a hefty ‘ratchet spanner’ to turn the jack’s operating screw.

Nothing really wrong with the Fiat-supplied scissor jack that has proved adequate to lift the rear end of my Rapido 640F, and it may be OK using the supplied tools for a panel van. But the extra width of a coachbuilt motorhome’s rear bodywork definitely complicates matters and, realistically, some means of operating the jack ‘handle’ well clear of the rear body-sides will need to be found.

Archived