Children in Need & Calor Gas

Guest PeteC

Guest Derek Uzzell
Hopefully C-in-N reps will be visiting recycling centres - there are always redundant Calor bottles at ours (Ross-on-Wye). The recycling centre's supervisor told me that dumped gas bottles end up in an enormous field near Shrewsbury. He said bottle-gas companies (but not the public) can collect them from there but hardly ever did. I've always found it bizarre that dead Calor containers are getting dumped regularly at our 'tip', while 200 metres away a supermarket's filling-station will charge you a £25 deposit for initial hire of a Calor bottle. Strange world!

How about Shell and Altai Gas bottles? and those BIG bottles gippo's leave amongst a pile of cut trees and poo when they vacate their latset desicrated location?. And they now have a right to do it if you believe the papers!

Yes Derick I totally agree about gas bottles and other items being discarded. We used to work markets and used 'bakers trays' as extra tables. Some people also used them to carry goods in. Ocassionaly a man came round from the bakers and removed those trays that he found and threatened to prosecute you for using them. At the end of the day any trays left behind were picked up by the bin men ans trashed (including those left out by the permenant cafe) Ihad some Shell gar bottles and non of the Calor refill stations would take them. C in N are also collecting ols mobile phones

Archived