Citi Europe overnight

Steve H

We are crossing the channel via the Euro Tunnel Wednesday evening. As far as I am aware we are still prohibited from using the large car park opposite Carrefour supermarket. As we will be arriving late does anybody know of another location within that complex where we can lay our heads for the night please?

Never liked the idea of overnighting near the tunnel.

We always make our way to LeTouquet and stay on the Aire or on route we overnight regularly in the carpark near the bridge at Etaples.

Never had a problem, stayed here 3 weeks ago and 2 weeks ago stayed in LeTouquet

It’s only 45 mins and with a superb Pattisseire 100 mtrs from the island by McDonald’s.

I think you will get moved on anywhere on the complex, or get unwelcome attention.

I travel via the tunnel several times a year and now use Gravelines if travelling E or Auchan car park at Boulogne if going SW.

Gravelines, Rye du Port, 50.98848N 002.1223E. Pay and display if machine is working.

Boulogne Auchan, 50.73371N 001.67144E

Big car park quiet at night, fuel and cassette dump at fuel station.

Note with government discount on fuel France 15 cents, Spain 20 cents, fuel Inc LPG ( GpL),

fuel at Supermarket outlets is lower cost than UK if you get a good exchange rate.

Mike

We stayed here last November. It's a free 50 place parking spot in the car park of a sports centre. It's only about 8 minutes (5 miles) from the tunnel. Nothing fancy - it's just a car park - but quiet, very close and you should be able to get in without trouble.

Rue Espace Futurum - 50.890610, 1.777350

Be nice if they ever allow us to use the Cite Europe parking facility again.

I too kind of miss the Cite Europe nightover. Haven't stopped there since the 'ban' couple of years ago. And when a

bod clambered on my rear racked m/bike and went for a 100km + jaunt going south before being discovered ! But I

would occasionally park overnight in the ferry terminal carpark, space permitting. Half the area is free, half is pay. High

profile police and customs presence means the migrant hopefuls give the area a wide berth,

We've never had problems when using the Cite Europ Aire overnight inbound or outbound.

It was never a fully serviced aire though, just a bin for rubbish.

Just up the road was the Magistrates court and Police station, dunno if they still are, we felt safe.

Web site for aire says [red]Overnight parking is no longer allowed[/red].

B-)

WE overnighted at Cite De Europe a few times and it was always OK , we used a wild camping spot at Sangatte last time we returned home via the tunnel it is a large parking area and is on several of the apps as a free overnight stop, not far to drive to the tunnel either as we did for our return,

Another preferred place was always WISSANT , for an overnight on the last night in France , proper Aire there not the best Aire but a nice town and beach to wander about and have a meal in the many Cafes etc.

We don't stay, or even stop for fuel anywhere near Calais after we did in 2020 and the migrants were all over the place, one even jumped on the scooter as we set off from the petrol pumps, police trufed another off at cite Europe.

lancepar - 2022-05-01 2:51 PM

We've never had problems when using the Cite Europ Aire overnight inbound or outbound.

It was never a fully serviced aire though, just a bin for rubbish.

Just up the road was the Magistrates court and Police station, dunno if they still are, we felt safe.

Web site for aire says [red]Overnight parking is no longer allowed[/red].

B-)

AFAIK Cite Europe isn't actually an aire. Just a car park with Motorhome Designated Area.

Even though there's a cop shop adjacent to the area it doesn't stop the migrants congregating in small groups and chancing their luck, trying a few vehicle door handles etc, not witnessed any physical violence. Every so often the cops wander around with toothy dogs and give a few a talking to, and less frequently there's a wholesale clear out.

Steve H - 2022-05-01 11:39 AM

We are crossing the channel via the Euro Tunnel Wednesday evening. As far as I am aware we are still prohibited from using the large car park opposite Carrefour supermarket. As we will be arriving late does anybody know of another location within that complex where we can lay our heads for the night please?

Some useful info' here that maybe of use to others asking the same question..................

https://www.searchforsites.co.uk/marker.php?id=5263

B-)

Archived