Citroen relay 2007 door problem

Mark Wilkes

hello to all and a happy new year. I have a problem with the central locking on my camper. the door symbol is lit when driving but if I put my foot on the brake it goes off. when I stop and get out of the van I cannot remotely lock the doors but if I get in, turn on the ignition and put my foot on the brake, then press the door lock button on the dash all the doors lock so I then get out and use my key to lock the drivers door. please can anyone suggest what the problem could be. thank you.

I'm assuming a x250 PVC, is this correct?

There is a common problem with the sensor on the SLD, although your symptoms sound slightly different.

If on the off chance it is the common problem, you need to either adjust rear of SLD so it pulls in tighter or pack out the sensor so it makes better contact.

Thank you Colin. I will try and adjust the door to make it close tighter. I am not sure how much movement is left in it as it seems to fit flush now. Failing that I will do your other suggestion once I can work out what to pack it with. Thank you again for your quick reply.

colin - 2019-01-02 9:42 AM

If the SLD fits flush, then the 'fix' is to pack out the sensor.

That's the bodge often effected on PVCs, because the interior conversion makes it difficult if not impossible to carry out the correct fix, which is to release the contact plate from behind the panel and reset the pin in the centre of the plate by pushing it out against its ratchet fixing from behind. The door then resets it to its correct position when it is next closed.

I'm told you can also achieve this by very carefully pulling out the pin with a pair of pliers, by a couple of clicks of the mechanism. It will reset as intended when the door is closed, but if it breaks off in the jaws of your pliers, don't blame me!

In view of the apparent connection with operation of the brake though, I'm not convinced that this is the problem here.

I had a similar problem a couple of years back although not linked to the braking, except that pulling over and stopping the engine and restarting seemed to temporarily fix the problem. Traced it to the sensor on the sliding door that was basically gaffer taped on to the door frame and over time the cardboard packing had got soggy. I cleaned the contacts and put new packing and re-gaffered, so far so good. Tried screws but they seemed to have nothing to 'bite' on, hence the gaffer.

Closing the sliding door from the inside and getting the central locking to work can be a bit hit and miss ( I apologise to fellow campers who have complained about being woken up by noisy sliding doors (read it on some other posts) but can't use other doors at night due to insulated cover on wind screen and bed made up in rear and some times it take a couple of good slams to get it to close with a good contact for the CL, especially if I forgot to open a window to help with the air compression

Thank you all for your replies. I have taken the contacts out of the side of the van and bent the metal slightly and then replaced the contacts and the small pin. It then needed a start of the engine and all seems to be working. I can't thank you all enough for all your advise.

Archived