Cleaning Fresh Water Tank/System

johnlc

I've searched on this but not found anything.

What do you recommend for cleaning the fresh water tank and system?

I've seen various things mentioned over the years, but have never actually done it and think I need to do now.

An article on Out and About Live recently suggested using Elsan Fresh Water Tank Clean.

A local caravanner has suggested PuriClean.

If I pull the water through the system, rather than just do the tank, it will go through a small boiler and I don't want to damage anything in that.

Your advice is appreciated.

I've just purchased Puriclean and I'm going to do my system with it. I can't see any reason why it should cause a problem with the boiler and there's nothing in the instructions to say it will. You won't be using the boiler as such while using the cleaner and it will be well rinsed out before you do so can't see a problem.

There are several discussions on the forum about cleaning water system, you might like to check this link,

https://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Cleaning-a-contaminated-water-tank/52963/

johnlc - 2021-03-22 10:59 AM

I've searched on this but not found anything....

https://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/search/query.asp?action=search&searchforumid=all&keywords=Puriclean&author=&days=&Submit=Search

(The forum's search feature is very crude. Unless I know the information is there and I'm pretty confident I know how to retrieve it via the forum search, I use GOOGLE Advanced Search.)

If successive forum searches have been made, reports of a zero response occurring often result from the Date limit having reverted to “Since last login”. For a ‘ful’ search the Date limit should be set to “All posts”, though - if the search is not specific enough and a huge number of records would be displayed - a restricted (but still large) number of records will be displayed.

Archived