Code P2454 Diesel Particulate Filter Differential Pressure Sensor Circuit Low

veletron

Hi

2015 Euro 5 Ducato 130

The other week, after some 10 days of having not moved the van, and on a cold start (it was -5C), I got the engine check message, and upon interrogating the ECG, Code: P2454 'Diesel Particulate Filter Differential Pressure Sensor Circuit Low'.

I switched off the engine reset the error (via ODBII/Torque app), restarted the engine and it did not re-appear until... I reached my destination, did my thing then turned the engine on to return home - ping - same error.

The internet says that these things are generally fake (due to sensor/wiring faults) rather than a blocked DPF. I am also aware that (at next MOT, its not serious!) the van requires a new exhaust box so maybe this is an issue related to that (not enough back pressure?)

Anyway, wondered if folks on here had any thoughts - location of sensor, transducer etc?

When I got the error to clear temporarily, I drove ~30 miles in 4th/5th at motorway speeds in the hope that this would see exhaust temps raise to a level where the ECU would force a DPF regeneration thus fixing the issue. Might be barking up the wrong tree there tho.

Thanks

To save repeating a lot of information, this thread should help:

https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/fiat-ducato-dpf-sensor.110269/

Quick summary. It may be a sensor problem, it could be that the DPF is blocked.

MultiEcuScan can show the sensor readings and DPF level of blockage, time since last regeneration and various other parameters helpful to a diagnosis.

If you unplug the sensor, look for moisture in it or dripping out.

Depending on the sensor you have (photos in the other thread) it could be a quick swap or you made need the parts to adapt the fitment of a modified sensor.

If you have to replace the sensor, you will also need MultiEcuScan or similar to update the parameters in the ECU.

Hi

Thanks for response. I was drove to Crianlarich last weekend which goes via Glen Ogle, drove up here either side in 3rd at about 3500RPM. I cleared the fault, and it has not yet come back. Prob needs that mod to the sensor/pipework which I will get done as a part of the scheduled service if the light stays off until then.

Archived