Connecting engine batteries to leisure batteries - too risky?

ssd89

I have an old Ford Transit 1998 and use it as my tiny house as well (:

I want to connect my 2 starter batteries to my leisure batteries (which are connected to solar panels)

So I plan to add a 80A fuse and a split charger relay in between the starter battery and the leisure battery.

Someone told me that there a risk that I break the generator or harm the voltage in one of the batteries...?

But I am not sure about that.

PS : You can see how I connected the battery engine to the leisure battery in the bottom left corner of the diagram - see attached.

PS 2: I am in Hungary and no electrician speak proper english, so I am both struggling with the electrical parts and the communication with locals here hehe...

1784815671_electricityinvan__1565633775_188_142_188.11(1).jpg.fac6c73e4e6bcf46c51d91ce2602cd2c.jpg

ssd89 - 2019-08-12 7:11 PM

I have an old Ford Transit 1998 and use it as my tiny house as well (:

I want to connect my 2 starter batteries to my leisure batteries (which are connected to solar panels)

You have not said why you wish to do this.

Is it so that the solar also charges your starter batteries?

If so, might it perhaps be more straightforward and lower risk to replace your solar regulator with a regulator with dual outputs one specifically for the habitation batteries and one specifically for the starter batteries?

Archived