Continual fan in cab

ChrisCM

Hi,

I have just picked up my new to me PVC, a 2015 Devon Aztec based on a Fiat Ducato. I’m very happy with th van but it is doing one thing which is giving me cause for concern. When the vehicle is completely shut down, mains off, 12v system off at the Sargent panel there is the noise of what sounds like a very quiet fan running somewhere in the middle of the dashboard.

It is not the engine cooling fan as it happens even 12+ hours after engine shutdown.

The only thing that is still connected / running is the solar panel.

If I lock and arm the alarm it stops. I have phoned my dealer and they are flummoxed! The van has to go back for a couple of items to be sorted when parts come in so hopefully they will get to the bottom of it?

So thought I’d post in case somebody can tell me not to worry it’s just the such and such widget, quite normal (can’t think it is but you never know!)

Chris

tonyishuk - 2019-03-09 4:46 PM

I have a similar noise and I thought it was the DVD / CD drive spinning down. I don't think the noise lasted 12 hours though.

In the Years of ownership, I have not worried too much about it. (Maybe I should !)

Rgds

Can’t be that, we don’t have a CD player ??. The noise is continuous, only stops when I lock the doors with the fob. Luckily I can keep her on hook up till I take it back to the dealer otherwise I would fear a flat battery!

Have you got the Fiat uConnect 5.0 radio unit? There is a fan built in to the unit.

I can't say it's particularly noticeable to me, but I have heard other comments about it. In general terms though, with all of the network interconnected electronics on modern vehicles, they only power off into sleep mode a few minutes after the key has been removed from the ignition and all of the doors closed.

Deneb - 2019-03-09 5:21 PM

Have you got the Fiat uConnect 5.0 radio unit? There is a fan built in to the unit.

I can't say it's particularly noticeable to me, but I have heard other comments about it. In general terms though, with all of the network interconnected electronics on modern vehicles, they only power off into sleep mode a few minutes after the key has been removed from the ignition and all of the doors closed.

Not sure if it’s a 5 but it is a uConnect. What you say does make sense to me, only thing is that it only stops after the doors are locked/ alarm armed with the fob. Sitting in the van, doors closed, all services off, key out it’s still running, maybe the current drain is minimal? perhaps the dealer will be able to adjust it via the Canbus/ ODB II port.

tonyishuk - 2019-03-09 4:46 PM

I have a similar noise and I thought it was the DVD / CD drive spinning down. I don't think the noise lasted 12 hours though.

In the Years of ownership, I have not worried too much about it. (Maybe I should !)

Rgds

Can’t be that, we don’t have a CD player ??. The noise is continuous, only stops when I lock the doors with the fob. Luckily I can keep her on hook up till I take it back to the dealer otherwise I would fear a flat battery!

Archived