Cotswolds Tour

sandalwood

There is a large car park at Bourton on the water with Motorhome spaces where you can stop overnight for a fee. Stow on the Wold is on the way to Bourton (limited parking), the Slaughters are nice but parking isn't easy.

Blockley is nearby (ask the wardens), some of Father Brown is filmed here also I think that one of the eldest and possibly last place to Build motorcycle side cars are made.

Pete

Ilmington near Shipston on Stour is a nice little village and is known for the woodwork in the church which was made by Robert Thompson aka Mouseman. Can't remember how many mice there are: somewhere between 7 and 9 I think.

Shipston is a nice little town, not quite in the Cotswolds so much quieter. Don' know about parking for motorhomes.

Hidcote is fantastic if you like gardens.

Edited to say I don't know whether the church at Ilmington is open at present and you will need to book at Hidcote

Peter

We recently stayed at a couple of sites around Moreton in the Marsh / Chipping Norton.

There are 2 just behind the Greedy Goose Pub.

1 is the Greedy Goose pub site, the other is the Cross hands Camp site, which is just behind the Greedy Goose pub.

Nice country walks around the green pathways, we walked one day into a little village called Little Compton.

Then back to our van, had a couple of drinks in the pub, back for supper.

Good nights rest.

There is a little traffic noise as both sites are near the main road from Moreton to Chipping.

Plenty of places to tour and enjoy

Archived