Covid booster vaccinations not showing on NHS app – travelling abroad

BruceM

Having just had my booster vaccination I discovered that it does not appear on the NHS app which in turn means that it cannot be transferred to the French AntiCovid app.

This appears to be a known issue https://inews.co.uk/inews-lifestyle/travel/nhs-covid-pass-booster-jabs-holidaymakers-travel-bans-1286580

I understand that France and perhaps other countries are/will be requiring over 65s to have a booster vaccination to obtain a valid covid pass.

It’s worth being aware of this as it may have future impact on those wishing to enter a target country or perhaps those already arrived.

This 9 November 2021 article

https://www.politico.eu/article/france-ties-seniors-vaccine-passports-to-booster-shots/

begins as follows:

PARIS — Emmanuel Macron announced new vaccination requirements Tuesday as coronavirus cases start to rise across France again, including tying so-called vaccine passports for entering certain spaces to booster shots for those aged 65 and older.

Warning that a fifth wave of COVID-19 has already begun, the French president said in a televised address that starting December 15, the vaccine passports of those aged 65 and older will no longer be valid if they have not had a booster shot: Currently this is the only age group able to get an additional jab, but Macron also announced that those aged between 50 to 64 years old should be able to get one "at the start of December."

“If you have been vaccinated more than six months ago, I encourage you to book an appointment now,” Macron said in the speech, in which he also laid out plans for the remaining five months of his mandate.

It will be seen that 15 December 2021 is the start-date for Macron’s latest idea - so at least there are a few weeks ‘grace’ where France is concerned.

The UK COVID-19 Pass system was designed on the basis that there’d be a maximum of two vaccine ‘doses’ and this is reflected in the hardcopy pass as well as the softcopy version. I won’t have my ‘booster’ jab until the end of this month, but I’m (fairly!) confident that afterwards my online medical records wiil confirm that I was ‘boosted’. But of course that currently won’t help in France when confirmation that an oldie has been boosted will be via a hand-held scanning device.

Derek Uzzell - 2021-11-10 6:09 PM

The UK COVID-19 Pass system was designed on the basis that there’d be a maximum of two vaccine ‘doses’ and this is reflected in the hardcopy pass as well as the softcopy version. I won’t have my ‘booster’ jab until the end of this month, but I’m (fairly!) confident that afterwards my online medical records wiil confirm that I was ‘boosted’. But of course that currently won’t help in France when confirmation that an oldie has been boosted will be via a hand-held scanning device.

That appears to be exactly correct. I thought one workaround would be to print out a QR code for the booster from the NHS web site and present that to be read by the TousAntiCovid app, but no luck I am afraid.

I had my booster the week before last. It shows up in my NHS record on the NHS website site under "Your GP health record" and then under "Immunisations" but only as the statement "4 November 2021

Immunisation course to maintain protection against SARS-CoV-2 (severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2)"

But no accompanying QR code on this part of the NHS web site associated with the booster statement.

And more importantly no record of the booster shot shows on the "Your NHS Covid pass" page of the NHS website.

So irrespective of the poor design of the NHS app in not being capable to display either the booster shot record and/or an associated QR code, there would appear to be a problem with, I assume, the underlying database design behind the NHS website itself. Or maybe it's simply a UI issue?

But either way a possible workaround of presenting a paper QR code for the booster shot to be directly scanned into the TousAntiCovid app to then be presented for entry to a restaurant or bar seems currently unavailable.

Software writers will do as they are told...

The first COVID-19 vaccines were two-dose type. To be considered fully vaccinated a person needed to have had two ‘jabs’ and that’s the basis of the UK system.

Now there’s a single-dose vaccine, half-dose vaccines for children and booster jabs for wrinklies (with the suggestion that this could involve different vaccines) with everything (and not just in the UK) having intenational, national and/or political overtones.

There’s more detail here

https://www.nationalworld.com/health/coronavirus/will-covid-booster-show-on-nhs-app-why-third-vaccine-isnt-showing-and-do-you-need-it-for-travel-3452441?amp

Had my booster about 4 weeks ago and was given a card which confirmed this,my wife had hers about a week later and no card given. Asked for one and they said not given any more it just goes on your NHS records but doesn't appear on NHS app

Mickt - 2021-11-11 10:17 AM

Had my booster about 4 weeks ago and was given a card which confirmed this,my wife had hers about a week later and no card given. Asked for one and they said not given any more it just goes on your NHS records but doesn't appear on NHS app

I assume they would provide a card, if requested, for anyone who doesn't have a smartphone.

Odd. We had ours last Saturday, and were both given record cards stating our names, NHS No, Vaccine used, batch number, and date of vaccination.

BruceM - 2021-11-10 5:29 PM

Having just had my booster vaccination I discovered that it does not appear on the NHS app which in turn means that it cannot be transferred to the French AntiCovid app.

Mine doesn't show with the first 2 but is mentioned in the vaccination history in the app

My booster does show in the NHS app in 2 places under My GP health record - both under Medicines/Acute medicine, and under Immunisations. But not under the Covid Pass section.

And my wife (both using iPads, with same OS ans same version of NHS app) doesn’t have Immunisations showing in the app.

It all feels pretty chaotic so I’m not sure how it will get resolved.

Solwaybuggier - 2021-11-12 7:41 AM

My booster does show in the NHS app in 2 places under My GP health record - both under Medicines/Acute medicine, and under Immunisations. But not under the Covid Pass section.

And my wife (both using iPads, with same OS ans same version of NHS app) doesn’t have Immunisations showing in the app.

It all feels pretty chaotic so I’m not sure how it will get resolved.

My NHS app now shows likewise.

And there we have it. The data showing the booster covid vaccination is on the system and available to the app.

However it’s not marked as being in the group labelled ‘View Covid-19 records’ and consequently does not produce a QR pass code marked as 3 of 3.

I vaguely recall reading somewhere that the Dept of Health claimed that those requiring proof of a booster vaccination for foreign travel could obtain a suitable letter of confirmation from their GP. Not, I suspect, something overworked GPs wanted to hear. I also seem to recall that such letters would have to be in the language of the country being entered.

I note that the French app TousAntiCovid seems to be able to hold multiple certifications and indeed when we returned from France showed the results of our pre-departure homeward bound latflow test. It would be interesting to know if the French app seamlessly accommodates their booster records or whether they are facing similar integration issues.

I phoned 119 for our second paper certificate as the previous expired on 1st November because the qr codes cannot be checked . I am hoping that the booster shows on the new one as well. It seems that we have to keep up to date on all the data that is available.

I was under the impression that the data on a hardcopy NHS COVID Pass was 'open-ended' with no expiry date. That's certainly the case with the COVID Pass letter that was sent me, and this letter did not carry scannable vaccination-status QR codes.

If the NHS COVID app is used to produce a hardcopy Pass, that document will carry QR codes showing a person's vaccination-status (but not the booster jab) and those codes do have a 30-day lifespan.

It appears it’s being thought about . . .

Johnson said the government was “making plans to add the booster to the NHS Covid travel pass.” He added: “If you’re thinking about that, then this is yet another reason to get it done.”

Full article https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/nov/15/no-10-plans-booster-jab-requirement-for-people-to-obtain-covid-pass

It would be good to have a date it was going to happen though.

Was given card today with no prompting.

colin - 2021-11-17 2:13 PM

Place my wife went to were given A4 Guide notes re the Jab.

They ran out of cards during the session but put the details on peeps A4 guide notes.... (!)

B-)

lancepar - 2021-11-18 11:50 AM

colin - 2021-11-17 2:13 PM

Place my wife went to were given A4 Guide notes re the Jab.

They ran out of cards during the session but put the details on peeps A4 guide notes.... (!)

B-)

Was given the 'information for user' leaflet, four sides of A4, something to read whilst they kept us under observation before being let out, I was held for 15mins, presumably because it was the first time I had been given the Pfizer jab having previously had AZ.

Archived