Crashdata

Sparky7

Hi all,

Does anyone have any experience of a company called Crashdata? My Peugeot Boxer needs a new airbag part (Airbag ECU) and Peugeot are having difficulty getting one from France. They can't give any estimate of the part's arrival at all and meanwhile I am having to cancel campsites etc etc. This forum mentioned Crashdata, who can repair my ECU and return it the next day (for far less than the new Peugeot part, for which the garage insisted I pay up front), but the garage has spoken to Crashdata and are a bit sniffy about them - they would be, wouldn't they? 

So has anyone used them, are they reliable and do they do a good job?

Thanks in anticipation

Sparky

Just had problems with my airbag ecu on fiat after a flat battery. Crashdata were excellent. Sent the ecu to them Tuesday pm , by 12 on wednesday had email to say it was reset and back with royal mail. Unfortunately problem turned out to be related to the old battery so had to resend ecu again but again sameday service. With new battery, back on the road and saved our holiday. Cannot recommend highly enough.

If you've been able to read out the error code then it's worth phoning Crashdata first as they cannot clear/repair every airbag ECU error. At a very rough guess about 50% are recoverable, the rest require replacement.

A petition about the repeated failures and lack of stock has been started. I doubt it's going anywhere but can do no harm to sign it I suppose.

https://www.change.org/p/peugeot-uk-peugeot-boxer-airbag-module-recall?recruiter=328931233

Thanks all.   The dealer reckons they won't be able to refund me if I go down the Crashdata route.   I am, however, seriously considering using Crashdata and then fighting Peugeot for a refund, as they told me that it would be a couple of weeks before the ECU arrived, and now, they 'don't know'!

Archived