Crit'air in force in Paris

Billggski

Hi

We have an Crit air Cat 2 and drove through Grenoble which is said we needed a sticker, but never saw a warning so don’t know how they do it. Mind you with all the roadworks and diggers and buildings going on not sure why they worry about us.

Was really looking forward to going into Grenoble, but was totally disappointed ??

Where can we see the up to date information and when it changes.

We often stay at the Bois de Bologne campsite which as far as I can see is within the prohibited zone for a Crit air 3.

We would have been caught without your post

Billggski

bit of an understatement, thought I had Holland figured out, it does keep saying no need to register as all data is taken from the Dutch National Vehicle Register, so my question is will my UK registered vehicle be on that. I was once stopped by the Dutch Authorities on the A2 as my vehicle colour and make didn't match what they saw, White Fiat, Silver Knaus, so I suspect that they have access to the data.

Belgium on the other hand says the vehicle has to be registered as they don't have data base access.

And that's only two countries, Ill keep reading..

• 1 month later...

you leave the boxes blank, it just goes on your reg and euro number of your engine, euro 6 (my van) is a crit sticker of number 2, on the website there is also a link to do a simulation and when you fill it in it gives you your crit number, mine took about 10 days to come

Jonathan

Mileo202 - 2019-08-10 11:18 AM

I may be Dim but could I ask, as you have all filled the form in, My V5 reg form for, V7 CO2 emission are blank, unlike my old cars V5, what does one put in the boxes,,

We have a Benimar Mileo 202 reg 2015.

Please

See my final posting here

https://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/crit-air/52676/

The way it works in France is that you are supposed to check your app to find out if any of the Crit' Air restrictions affect you before setting off. I see it every day. Our 97 year old lady neighbour always checks her app before getting into her Renault 4, owned from new, before driving the 300 metres to the boulangerie . *-)

Other than Paris and Bordeaux that have had their councils taken over by Green Environmental Zealots the rest of France is a dog's breakfast regarding Crit' Air. In Paris or Bordeaux you know that you are going to get pilloried for daring to drive a vehicle with a nasty internal combustion engine. In the rest of France however; 'laissez-faire' seems to be the norm'.

Billggski - 2019-06-29 7:02 PM

Don't make it easy, do they?

Because it's mainly for local traffic.

https://urbanaccessregulations.eu/countries-mainmenu-147/netherlands-mainmenu-88

Make of this what you will. :-) I haven't checked for LEZs in the rest of Italy, but Turin has an LEZ. As I understand it, it works on the basis that the data on your registration document will include its Euro emission category (i.e. Euro 1 to 6). There is no sticker.

The UK decided to link VED rates to vehicle emissions data but then, in response to pressure from the trade, decided that with motorhomes, which are heavily altered commercial vehicles, the base vehicle emissions would not be accurate, and so should not be included in their V5C registration documents. So, at least in Turin, anyone with a UK registered motorhome might have some difficulty establishing their emissions category if challenged!

I therefore took the Fiat and Knaus CoCs with us as well as the V5C, (both of which declare the vehicle as Euro 6, the Fiat one also giving the CO2 emissions) so that we could establish our emissions category if challenged. We passed through Turin in late May and, due to roadworks diversions, were directed into the LEZ. We were not challenged, and to date no notifications alleging violation have turned up in the post, but it seemed a zany system to me!

Archived