Critair France/Europe

Yorkyrunner

Yorkyrunner - 2018-11-09 6:54 PM

Hi has any one registered for the Critair for France. I am trying but my attached V5 wont go as the file is too big even after being compressed, any ideas

If you don’t have. Scanner, take a digital photograph and using Microsoft Paint you can reduce the digital size to the 400kb max allowed.

Sssnake - 2018-11-09 10:48 PM

Yorkyrunner - 2018-11-09 6:54 PM

Hi has any one registered for the Critair for France. I am trying but my attached V5 wont go as the file is too big even after being compressed, any ideas

If you don’t have. Scanner, take a digital photograph and using Microsoft Paint you can reduce the digital size to the 400kb max allowed.

As this, although even if a scan if it has been saved as jpeg tiff etc it can be reduced by Paint, also you only need to send the one page not all of V5

Derek Uzzell - 2018-11-10 7:15 AM

Just to clarify what the French Crit’Air authorities want, it’s a copy of the V5C’s 2nd page that needs to be attached to the application.

An example of the required V5C page is shown below.

Is that a real V5, or something made up as an illustration? I'm intrigued by a Morris Minor having been first registered in 1991.

I use picasa 3 for all my picture adjusting, its a free download and have been using it for many years, all free and I find it very easy to use with many different embellishing opportunities, also the reducing size facility.

All the other adjusting program's I find awful in comparison.

Caddies104 - 2018-11-10 10:44 AM

Hi

...And on a completely different note, does everyone have to log in to the forum daily as I do. Never used to but now have to... ;-)

Derek

Perhaps you have something set up to delete ‘cookies’ at the end of a computer session - as that would probably force you to logon next time you wanted to participate on the forum. Try closing down a forum session (without closing down your computer) and then going into the forum again.

I occasionally need to re-logon, but that may be due to something at the Warners end. I certainly don’t have to logon daily.

I’m currently using an iMac and Safari and I don’t need to logon to this forum every time I participate.

Next to me is an iPad, also running the Safari browser, and - when I use the iPad to access this form - I don’t have to logon each time either.

I’m running iOS 12.1 on my iPad and - if you keep your iPad'sI software up to date - I assume you will be doing the same.

Open the Settings app and scroll down the list on the left of the screen until you reach the Safari icon. Tap that icon and then look down the list on the right of the screen until you reach the “PRIVACY & SECURITY” section. This section contains a “Block All Cookies” entry and, in my case, this option is disabled. Check what your “Block All Cookies” option is set to.

Archived