Cruise Control

Guest Paul

Has anybody fitted cruise controls from Howard May or Conrad Anderson on a Fiat Ducatto 2.8JTD.Pros and cons please.

Guest Brian
Had cruise control fitted to our 2.8 hdi Peugeot by Conrad Anderson. Highly recommend the system we cannot fault it, it really makes those long drives on the motorways much easier. We hope to use it much more extensively when we travel through France next month. Another good point is that it can be programed for KPH instead of MPH, hence no french speeding tickets, we hope.

Guest Peter Goddard
We have had a cc fitted my Howard May to our Ducato 2.3jtd. We are still running in as the van has only done 5000 miles. MPG has gone from 27 to 31 but how much of this is down to the cc I can't tell yet. However it is so much more relaxing to drive on long journy's it is worth fitting for that alone.

Guest Brian
Paul We have a Conrad Anderson Cruise Control on our 2.8 JTD Hymer because my right calf muscle went into spasm after long periods of motorway driving. All that is fixed and I would not hesitate to recommend one. Conrad Anderson were very professional although they are located in a very odd place. Brian

Would not be without my cruise control. I have a relacemenbt hip and got problems with muscle spasm. Not any more!! Fitted by Conrad Anderson - on my Ford 2.4 never any problems.Yes their workshop is in an odd location but see their web site for directions. You can stay the night with hook up! Very professional Very friendly. Recommend

Guest David Powell
Just a little hint on Cruise Control in general:- If you have an automatic gearbox and you are in hilly country, switch off the C.C. on aproaching a hill, and click off the overdrive. I have found that if the C.C. is allowed to take the vehicle up the hill it will go through the gears like the clappers to maintain the set speed, thus costing you a fortune in extra fuel consumption, and if the overdrive is left on the engine will 'hunt'. So I find it best to nurse it up the hill by feel of foot,with overdrive and cruise control off even if means a little drop in speed.

Guest Clive
Come to the MMM show in Lincoln in a couple of weeks and Conrad Anderson,s spanner man Dave could fit one for you on site. But you will need to book it first with Andersons to be sure!

Guest Dave
Hi Paul, Just a brief note to add to Clive's. Yes you could have one fitted by me for Conrad Anderson at Lincoln, or you could contact me direct and I'll fit it for you anway but save you money! I now have my own business in Telford but will be doing some installation work for Conrad at Lincoln. One minor point though, all installation work at the shows is very much weather dependent, if its hissing down I don't fit. Call me on 01952 587702. Apologies if this sounds like an advert but that's life. Dave

Archived