Cupboard Door Catch by bf

Fred Duck

Our 2010 Bessacarr E410 has internal push button cupboard door catches made by a company that appears to be called bf - that's what it looks like on the catches. The plastic housing of the catch that secures the front overhead locker has broken and I'm struggling to find a replacement. The part number on the housing is bf 434650, on the catch, 434651, on the two parts of the rod/button bf 650702 and 434652 and on the external handle, bf 650701.

Any help locating the manufacturer or the part will be greatly appreciated.

FD

1567122359_LockerCatchsmall.jpg.9e7b6e884404d8adf9a7d91bf174d67c.jpg

I can't make out the detail from your picture, but I'm pretty sure that the design is similar to that shown in this eBay search here:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/m.html?_odkw=handle&_ssn=gwcaravanservices&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=1083151&_sacat=0

(all three parts).

Even if it isn't exactly the same part, then it might give some clues (and the invitation to 'phone GW to check Swift group part numbers might be one to take up - if they can source the correct one it doesn't look like it should be expensive)

Brilliant, many thanks. That's the part I'm after I'm sure. The handle and the activating rod are identical and GW confirm in the advert that the three parts make up the whole. Regretfully, it's the age old problem with Swift Group parts in that you can't, easily, find part numbers being constantly told to contact to the dealer.

I've been asking dealers since last week if they could supply the part but none of them have come back to me. A situation I've experienced before.

The design isn't particularly good for a part that's constantly in tension. It's made of plastic whilst the other two elements of the catch that aren't under any load are made of metal. Our van has 13 of these catches. I've ordered three so that I've a couple of spares for next time!

Thanks, again.

FD

Update.

Catches arrive this morning having only been ordered on Monday. Exactly the right part with two spares for next time. Impressed with GW Caravan Services who I'll certainly use again. No connection other than very satisfied customer.

Thanks for the help on this forum.

FD

Good News.

GW are close enough to me for me to have used them for a few "bits". They are friendly have a decent reputation round here, and I was aware that their eBay shop often had more unusual Swift Group parts on it - they are a Swift Approved repairer - which is why I checked there for you.

Archived