DEATH by Bannification.

Tracker

We were promised a new forum platform, whatever a platform is, to take effect a MONTH ago.

Are we waiting at the wrong platform?

Looking at how few members frequent this forum now I do have to wonder how long those few can be funded by Warners and whether this much abused website has any future as a fount of knowledge and Motorhome experience as it's originators intended?

Perhaps Dinkydot would care to comment?

Forums are dying everywhere.

Replaced by facebook etcetera.

Talking about motorhomes world the only one really booming is the Italian camperonline.it.

Tenths of new topics every day on different subjects.

Journeys (local and abroad), tech (by brand, accessories, habitation, mechanics), stopovers, rules and codes, etc.

And lot of replies.

Some stupid but some very solving (lot of gurus there).

They have an online magazine too.

Plenty of adverts but free and adblocker works well.

Max

Tracker - 2022-06-28 5:44 PM

Looking at how few members frequent this forum now ...................................

How do you know how many members ' frequent ' the forum ?

Not everyone signs on every time they view.

The thread on " Eastern France " has received 790 views and 14 replies in a very short time.

:-|

malc d - 2022-06-28 10:00 PM

Looking at how few members frequent this forum now ...................................

The thread on " Eastern France " has received 790 views and 14 replies in a very short time.

Fair comment, perhaps I should have used a different word?

By 'frequent' I meant take part, as in logon and contribute, and a quick look on the homepage suggests that number rarely exceeds 6 and is often just 2 to 4 active members.

I have no idea by which numbers Warner's would judge the success or failure and cost effectiveness of the forum?

malc d - 2022-06-28 10:00 PM

Good Point, I'd guess most don't stay logged in because they are always clearing their cookies to stop getting banned.

Having gained much good information and advice over the years and hopefully given some, I would be very sorry to see the demise of this forum.

With the apparent influx of new people to the “motorhoming world” there are bound to be many with questions and queries to which they would like answers.

I frequent the Motor Home Fun site, it has lively forums and many posts on a daily basis so there would seem to be a need for such websites.

And, of course this forum is free.

PS: Great new word Tracker, bannification, puts you up there with Shakespeare and Milton. . :-D :-D :-D

Cattwg :-D

Cattwg - 2022-06-30 11:15 AM

PS: Great new word Tracker, bannification, puts you up there with Shakespeare and Milton. . :-D :-D :-D

Cattwg :-D

I was thinking more 'Prof.' Stanley Unwin !!

Shakespeare used to make fishing tackle and Milton made baby products, whereas Stanley, bless him, spoke rubbish most of the time and was by that definition more suited to parts of this forum!

Archived