DVD/TV incompatability

Guest John D.

Guest John D.
I have just purchased a 12/240 volt DVD player (Handy Compact DVD player MDV7,) to go with our Roadstar 7 inch LCDTV (LCD7269TTN - 12/240 volt) in the campervan. It does not work - no picture and a loud buzzing sound. But the new DVD player does work with our house T.V. and our house DVD recorder does work with the van 7 inch T.V. Can anythging be done about this apparent incompatability?

Guest JohnD
I am sure it is connected correctly. I just transfer the three phono plugs from the new campervan player to the house DVD player, leaving the other end in the campervan TV, and it works. Can,t go wrong because the three plugs are colour coded.

Guest David Powell
Just as point of interest, and not suggesting this is your problem, my old TV works very well, for it's age, plugged into the 'van's 12V [with or without DVD] But the new LCD thin flat thing won't. But if I switch the Zig to vehicle battery all is OK. The only difference I could find was roughly 1.2V. The TV shop assistant informed that this new type of TV has a very critical voltage requirement. I could not argue with that, but it may be a load of bull.

Guest John P
Are you running your equipment on 12v or 240v in the van? From experience most of this new equipment is very voltage sensitive on 12v. I had a complete failure with my setup to start with. Suggest you test it on mains to start with.

Guest John D
Thanks for your ideas and I have fiddled around again thganks to you persuading me that thwere may not be an incompatability. This time the van TV did not even work with the house DVD player - it did yesterday! But if I jiggled around with the 4-pole 3.5 mm jack plug that goes into the van TV I could get the occasional flicker of picture on the T.V. So it looks like an intermittent fault in the region of the jack plug and TV socket. Net step is to get another lead. Thanks for all of your suggestions, you boosted my spirits, educated me and kept me at it!

Archived