Damage to my pride and joy!!

Guest Pete FRANCIS

Guest Pete FRANCIS
Would you believe it, during the xmas break out in my Hymer and pulled it back into my drive and caught the gate post. I now have a 4 inch gash not massive but looks bigger every day on the side of my vehicle. What do I do stick a reflector over it?? Maybe pot rivet another bit of side panel over it, question is where do i get that from ?? No doubt my friendly car body repair shop would do something to help as well as help me loose a fair old bob or two. Anyone done similar and made a good job out of a silly mistake, any help will be greatly recieved. PS got sat nav TOM TOM for Xmas that is GREAT!!!!!

PITY THE TOM TOM didnt see the gate post Why spoil the ship (Hymer) for a ha'porth o'tar Best get a proper job done at the local repairers yard My neighbour brought hie NEW Swift home from Spain with a hole in the overcap section made by a protruding metal section on one of those sun shades The repair cost him a few quid but noe you cant see any thing A pop riveted panel would be an eyesore for ever Still you get what you pay for Havent used ant sat nav gear after a guy tried to sell me one which didnt give me any beter /if as good/ definition than a paper map and at a fair high price on 8 CD's My one CD route finder could give me a better map than the expensive one Incidentally Http//:multimap.com gets you down to an individual house via the web for all Europe & I know also for NZ & Auz

Hi Pete, I know how you feel re the damage to your Hymer, i damaged my Hymer by hitting a French road sign causing a dent along the whole side. I had the repair done 77 Motors in Newark just down the road from Brownhills, they did a fantastic job.If your in the London area come and see my van

Pete For what it's worth, call me cheapskate if you like but if it is only 4" I did the same to mine and found that it was completely covered by one of those caravan standard air vent cowls which I stuck on to the outside only (no hole through or drilling) with Sikaflex. Unless you were a M/home nurd you would not know the difference, by the way it cost me £1.75 from Peterboro M/home show last year. Paul

Archived