Damp motorhome

johnyard0312

Hi JY John and welcome to the forum

I'm not familiar with the area you describe but there are many on this forum who have attended to damp problems

If you tell us what make of van you have and the year and where you see of feel the damp is you should receive some knowledgeable answers, many do their own repairs of course or could possibly advise on any potential costs.

The more information you provide the more accurate will be the replies

Will

johnyard0312 - 2020-10-30 10:52 AM

The damp is on the near side wall and floor and rear corner floor.

This was the typical damp problem with Swift models of that era & there were lots of threads on the forum. IIRC the underfloor was covered by plastic sheeting which inevitably became damaged allowing water ingress, especially behind the rear n/s wheel.

I recall several owners had repairs by Swift's at the factory. I'm unaware if that scheme is still available 11 years after build.

Swift did operate an owner's forum, "Swifttalk" which may reveal helpful information.

Hi John,

I live in south Birmingham as well, sadly I don't know of anywhere around here for damp repairs.

You could ask at Auto sleeper ( they are 35 miles away) or Nick Whale as they are local as well also Hayes leisure Not sure if any of these do damp repairs but must be able to refer you to someone locally.

There is a caravan dealership near Studley and another just outside of Bromsgrove.

Just had my van damp issue fixed at my supplying dealer under Warranty at Burnham on Sea.

Should you need a good Auto Electrician who turns his hand to more or less anything he is based in West Heath.

Pete

• 10 months later...

Archived