Dashboard & clock Illumination

Guest Phil Grindle

Guest Phil Grindle
On my 1999 Ducato the illumination for the heater controls has ceased to exist except for what seems to be 1 dim light. Is this easily repaired? These haven't worked for a while. Also the clock illumination is not working. This failed today. Anybody any ideas? Thanks

If its the same as my 98 Boxer, the clock, a smallish rectangular Digital type, has a small bulb behind that you have to remove the clock from the facia to replace, you undo the two hex set screws at either end of the panel. The heater and controls illumination can be seen at the same time you remove the whole panel and the bulbs will be visible. They are capless 'grain of wheat' bulbs and are available in differing colours and wattage. You are better to get them from a car accessory shop than main dealer as they cost about three times the price from MD.

Guest Tony Downes
Whilst you are at it change all that you can locate as its better than repeatedly removing the switches etc and bear in mind that they are on all the time the ignition is on.

Guest Phil Grindle
Thanks Ralph & Tony I've found the clock light thanks. The heater controls illumination is a bit more difficult. The panel seems to be held in place by a srew under each control knob (3) and somewhere else. Where is the somewhere else?

Archived