Decent sites on France's East Coast

ColinM50

That's a bit of a family joke, years ago we'd been to north, west and south coasts of France and DiL suggested we go to the east coast for the next year. We don't think she was joking but she insists she was............:-D

However I digress. We're thinking of eastern France, so Jura or Auvergne for early summer 2020 before the schools break up so May ish.

Any suggestions of decent sites, 2 adults and 2 Cavalier King Charles' would be much appreciated. We'' probably trawl around the NEC show in Jan, but advance info welcomed

Must have lekky and a heated pool

ColinM50 - 2019-12-02 9:12 AM

However I digress. We're thinking of eastern France, so Jura or Auvergne for early summer 2020 before the schools break up so May l

Auvergne, Rhone Alps have a look towards Annecy where there should be sites open to suit and a beautiful area

Colin

Your best bet is probably to use the ACSI website

https://www.campingcard.co.uk/france/?aff=1960&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIkprv6OWW5gIVwrTtCh2zCwWJEAAYASACEgLc0vD_BwE

to identify a small number of campsites in France’s eastern regions that look most likely to meet your requirements (eg. the “heated pool”) and then ask here if anyone has visited them.

(The first Caravan, Camping & Motorhome Show at the NEC Birmingham next year runs 18 - 23 February 2020.)

If you haven't already been I would suggest starting in Alsace, Riquewhir is nice, then head down south towards Strasbourg and then Chamonix to end up in Provence and as already been said; don't miss the Gorge du Verdon area and I'd recommend Avignon too.

ACSI campsites, look in their book or online, or Park4night will give you a good idea of where to stay. No good asking us as your needs or likes might differ from others.

We don't do many sites but two we can recommend around that area re Le Grand Lac at Clairvaux Les Lacs, right beside the lake, 10 minute walk to town and has a swimming pool. Ideal for dogs.

Also Le Forge at Thomances Les Moulin near Joinville, handy for the vet, a nice site. Although Annecy is very nice and several sites are along the lakeside it is not very dog friendly.

Archived