Deleting spanner symbol on dash screen

chas

I wish to delete the spanner maintenance symbol on my 05 boxer dashboard.

I think this was mentioned a good while back, but can't seem to find the responses.

As I perform my own oil / filter changes ect I would like to dispense with this unwanted information.

Thanks for any help *-)

The following procedure works on my 2006 x244 Fiat Ducato.

1. Turn ignition key to "MAR".

2. Press "Trip" button for about 10 seconds.

3. The display will show the spanner symbol and CFG 1. CFG 2, or CFG 3.

4 Press the "Trip" button briefly, to cycle through the configurations.

5. When the correct configuration (CFG 1) is displayed, hold the "Trip" button down for about 5 seconds, until the display reverts to the clock, and mileage.

6. Switch the ignition OFF.

(CFG 1 corresponds to a service interval of 18,600 miles, but I think that it also corresponds to 1 year..)

Alan

The following is quoted from a 2015 O&AL forum thread

There is a good deal of on-line advice about ‘resetting' the spanner symbol, as will be evident from a GOOGLE-search on "peugeot boxer spanner symbol”. Examples here

http://forums.motorhomefacts.com/49-tech-mech-chat/35729-peugeot-boxer-resetting-maintenace-indicator.html

http://forums.motorhomefacts.com/31-base-chassis-fiat-mercedes-iveco-etc/9573-service-spanner-reset.html

The “Zero Re-set” procedure in the Service Indicator” section of the on-line Peugeot handbook for a January 2004 through December 2006 Boxer advises as follows:

1: Place the ignition key in the MAR position (1st notch) and wait until the spanner stops flashing.

2: Press the trip recorder reset button for five seconds.

The distance remaining to the next service is displayed.

3: Press the trip distance recorder zero reset button for five seconds to store the operation in the memory.

(It would seem from on-line comments that the duration for holding down the relevant buttons may be critical and may very from vehicle to vehicle.)

Alanb - 2020-10-26 12:41 PM

The following procedure works on my 2006 x244 Fiat Ducato.

1. Turn ignition key to "MAR".

2. Press "Trip" button for about 10 seconds.

3. The display will show the spanner symbol and CFG 1. CFG 2, or CFG 3.

4 Press the "Trip" button briefly, to cycle through the configurations.

5. When the correct configuration (CFG 1) is displayed, hold the "Trip" button down for about 5 seconds, until the display reverts to the clock, and mileage.

6. Switch the ignition OFF.

(CFG 1 corresponds to a service interval of 18,600 miles, but I think that it also corresponds to 1 year..)

Alan

That's it exactly. Used it each year for 11 years on our previous van. As you say, it also does correspond to 1 year.

However, moving on to our X250 based van, it seems there's no similar procedure and it has to be re-set by plugging into a computer programme. My Wife's Fiat Punto is the same but with that, if you simply left the spanner displayed for 1000 miles (might be Km?) the light went out and never came on again. That's what I did with the Punto, does the same apply to an X250 Ducato?

FD

search youtube I had same issue with Fiat Ducato, after I changed the oil, oil filter, fuel filter etc, asked you tube & it showed how to do it, used the method & low & behold no more spanner symbol, till the next service

Archived