Dieppe port

Neal

Apologies for the silly question!

What facilities are there at Dieppe terminal please?

We are travelling across next Wednesday in our Spanish plated Benimar and will need headlamp deflector stickers. I’m used to Dover / Eurotunnel where you can buy them and stick on. Will we be able to buy them?

Or is it a case of going to Halfords and use instructions for our left hand drive.

This is from the DFDS website:

?Port Facilities:

Free public car park in front of the terminal building. This is an unsecured car park and owners leave their vehicles there at their own risk

Toilets?

Cafe

Thanks in advance.

Can't remember any facilities at the Dieppe port....................that's probably because we are usually half asleep catching the early morning boat.

But we love Dieppe Town and the Beachside Aire although often it's often.

Perhaps an overnight and shopping in the Town for your deflectors or try the big Sainsbury just as you come out of Newhaven Port.

Actually they'll probably be on sale on the boat.

webby1 - 2019-08-15 12:11 PM

Can't remember any facilities at the Dieppe port....................that's probably because we are usually half asleep catching the early morning boat.

But we love Dieppe Town and the Beachside Aire although often it's often.

Perhaps an overnight and shopping in the Town for your deflectors or try the big Sainsbury just as you come out of Newhaven Port.

Actually they'll probably be on sale on the boat.

Thanks very much, we also like Dieppe and will be staying at Camping Vitamin on the edge of town the night before.

Thanks again, Neal.

Let us know what it's like there.We have considered it as a back up if the aires are full but I have seen mixed reviews.

If you can get onto the aire along the beach it's great for just walking into town or along the prom.

Never had any problems as others sometimes report.

I've often wondered how continental vehicle buy their headlamp stickers and presumably they may not simply be the same as the ones sold for UK vehicles at places like Dover and on the ferries.

If the OP could post again after solving his headlight problem it would be very useful to know how he got on. My MH is LHD and while I can set the headlamps to RHD configuration it's a very laborious job and until the tightening up of MOT testing, I left them in LHD configuration all the time, because we tour exclusively abroad.

webby1 - 2019-08-15 4:21 PM

Let us know what it's like there.We have considered it as a back up if the aires are full but I have seen mixed reviews.

If you can get onto the aire along the beach it's great for just walking into town or along the prom.

Never had any problems as others sometimes report.

We have stayed at the campsite before - customer service is a bit ropey on arrival, but we are not staying at reception!

The pitches are good and thats all we want really - not interested in the pool or anything. Hopefully the bar will be open this time (last time was out of season), so will let you know

Archived