Diesel much cheaper in Spain

StuartO

We’ve just driven through France into Spain. Supermarket diesel in France is slightly cheaper than UK at £1.24/litre and in Spain it drops to £1.01/litre, which on a tankful makes quite a difference.

Actually had a sunny start this morning but it was raining overnight and it does feel cold outside. Thank heaven for Truma heating and nearly full gas bottles! GPL was about 0.80€/litre in France; haven’t seen a price in Spain yet.

StuartO, It;s not only fuel that is cheaper in Spain, our experiences are that most motorhomer needs are cheaper.

Enjoy your travels, it's extremely busy near the coast at present with most countries represented by motorhomers. After Easter most of the sites quieten down as a lot go back home..

good to see you didn't park you van over by the stones, a couple of winters ago on a nice day, lots of tourist about and there was 3 English vans parked right under the stones having a BBQ, a German guy came up to me and said I've come here to photograph the stones and all I'm getting is 3 English vans in my photo, some people are so inconsiderate, I went closer and took a photo of them,all I got was them making faces at me thinking it was a big joke.

some people!!!

teccer1234 - 2019-03-15 7:46 PM

good to see you didn't park you van over by the stones, a couple of winters ago on a nice day, lots of tourist about and there was 3 English vans parked right under the stones having a BBQ, a German guy came up to me and said I've come here to photograph the stones and all I'm getting is 3 English vans in my photo, some people are so inconsiderate, I went closer and took a photo of them,all I got was them making faces at me thinking it was a big joke.

some people!!!

What are you on about or should I say what are you on .....

teccer1234 - 2019-03-16 6:09 PM

looking at your avitar I thought that your photo was taken at Bolnuovo showing the stones that everybody comes to photograph, sorry if I was mistaken, I still think parking under the stones is not on especially as there's many signs saying not to

Your absolutely correct it is Bolnuevo in 2014 before it got mobbed out and restrictions applied ..we stayed on the local ACSI campsite..we live in Spain (20yrs with a motorhome ) so have seen the massive changes in there approach to motorhomes and wild camping and again agree once the signs go up take note and move on.

ChrisD - 2019-03-16 11:07 AM

Stuart

Slightly off topic but how did you find the aire in Pamplona?

Is it close to the city centre etc.

We are hoping to go there late May.

The Aire is N of the City and good for a night stop, maybe more. Unlikely to be full except when the bull running is on, when apparently they levy charges. Normally it’s free. We have only used it to overnight. There are a baffling tangle of roads nearby but satnav fed on coordinates took us there flawlessly.

Archived