Does Dethleffs have CO2 Figure on the CoC ?

Kennyd

Details of the latest UK ‘road tax’ scheme are provided here

https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-tax-rate-tables

A couple of points...

1: If a motorhome (strictly speaking a “motor caravan”) has been constructed on a ‘multi-stage’ basis (as most are) what matters is whether or not a CO2 emissions value appears on the Certicate of Conformity (CofC) relating to the FINAL stage of the conversion process (ie. the CofC produced by the motorhome converter).

2: It should be noted that - in the section headed "First tax payment when you register the vehicle” - there are references to TC48 and TC49. Both of those tax classes are limited to vehicles with a ‘revenue weight’ (ie. a maximum overall weight) not exceeding 3500kg. Consequently, if a motorhome to be first-UK-registered has a maximum overall weight that exceeds 3500kg TC48 or TC49 do not apply to it. In such instances the motorhome should be registered in TC10 (Private HGV) in the time-honoured manner and with an annual charge of £165.

Current rates of vehicle tax are here

https://tinyurl.com/y8u63ftg

https://tinyurl.com/yby5uqp9

Kelly. Make sure your dealer submits to DVLA when registering that your van is euro 6 etc. You have to insist on this and double check when the logbook is returned to you. Sadly it is not always recorded and I can tell you that driving into Austria for example, it needs it written on your LoG book as that is what They insist on otherwise they charge you higher. Double and triple check this as DVLA do not add it later. Chris

Chris

Can you say, please, where on the V5C document the vehicle’s ‘Euro’ category should be recorded?

This came up when the French Crit’Air sticker was being discussed, where the French application form mentioned the Euro category being in field V9, adding that this might only be present on recent EU registration documents.

My 2015 Rapido’s V5C has a “V Exhaust Emissions" section that only contains fields V.1 to V.5 (all empty in my Rapido’s case).

Do UK Registration Certificates now have a V9 field, or is the Euro category recorded elsewhere?

AFAIK, from a certificate only a couple of weeks old, there is still no official place to record the emissions class on a UK V5C (and certainly still no V9 field).

Where a registration document does not contain an emissions class, Asfinag (who administer the Go Box system) will accept evidence from the vehicle's CoC (which patently should be provided alongside the V5C, to link with the registration number via VIN number cross-reference).

Asfinag.jPG.dfd36d1d65ac231ef79b398341c76806.jPG

That V5C field on mine simply carries the "Version" code from the converters CoC.

My emissions class is recorded on both the original Fiat CoC, and the converters subsequent one, at field 47 labelled "Livello dela emissioni del gas di scarico" and "Abgasnorm" respectively.

The D.2 section of my Rapido’s V5C reads as follows

Type - 251

Variant - X

Version - MPPH400GNA/A

Those data have clearly been copied from the Type/Variate/Version fields of the Rapido-produced Certificat de Conformite C.E. that applies to my motorhome. The Rapido CofC also carries emissions-related data (CO, NOx, etc.) but no CO2 value

The Rapido’s motor is Euro 5-compliant (Fiat calls it Euro 5+) and there’s a EURO5 reference on the Rapido CofC. and on the Fiat CofC.

But there’s no mention of the motorhome’s ‘Euro number’ on its V5C and, to be honest, I would not have expected there to be one.

Archived