You are logged in as a guest. 
  Home Forums Home  Search our Forums Search our Forums    Log in to the Forums Log in to the Forums  register Register on the Forums  

Forums ->  Motorhomes -> Motorhome Matters
Jump to page : First 1 Last
Format:  Go
Dog passports Spain / France
AuthorMessage
userDen
Posted: 5 January 2022 10:13 AM
Subject: Dog passports Spain / France

Treasured contributor

I’m guessing with not many travelling with pets to Spain or France if anyone has taken advantage of purchasing a euro passport for their dogs.
I did make an enquiry last July with a Spanish vet we’ve used a few times while on holiday.
They quoted from memory €40 ish.
It’s not the price, it’s how the passport is viewed by officials here and abroad.
I wouldn’t like to take Penny and find problems returning.
We use Eurotunnel.

Den
userFifo
Posted: 5 January 2022 8:36 PM
Subject: RE: Dog passports Spain / France

Pops in from time to time

I’m not a pet owner but you might find this, from the BBC website six days ago, useful.

Brexit: How has pet travel to EU countries been affected?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/59644699
userDen
Posted: 6 January 2022 12:14 PM

Treasured contributor

Thank you Fifo

Made interesting reading and goes to show it’s mega expensive compared to pre brexit
I’ve not come across anyone whom has taken out a EU passport.
usertringy
Posted: 9 January 2022 1:22 PM

Keeps coming back for more

Hi, we obtained an eu pet passport in Germany last September after spending 165 pounds going out from the Uk with a AHC . The eu pet passport was very easy to get from a normal vet and in Germany it cost me 45 euros which included another rabies vaccination that you must have done in the eu every time it is due and not in the uk.A friend got his in spain exactly the same processes and cost.we was in the vets a total of 35 minutes. No problems returning to the Uk.
userDen
Posted: 9 January 2022 1:56 PM

Treasured contributor

Thank you Tringy.
Great to know you had no problems returning to Uk.
Have you or your friend returned to the EU yet, if so any problems outbound.
Den
usertringy
Posted: 9 January 2022 5:35 PM

Den , we both have not been back abroad again but hope to soon so I will keep you posted. When we arrived in the pet passport office on our first return we was assured this was ok to travel backwards and forwards .cheers Tringy
userteccer1234
Posted: 9 January 2022 10:33 PM

tringy - 2022-01-09 5:35 PM

Den , we both have not been back abroad again but hope to soon so I will keep you posted. When we arrived in the pet passport office on our first return we was assured this was ok to travel backwards and forwards .cheers Tringy

I read that the spanish vets needed something to do with tax recipes etc what did you have to supply to the vet to get the dog passport, I do have an address in spain to put on the passport but I'm not registered in spain and my spanish vet has my mobile No
usertringy
Posted: 10 January 2022 12:20 PM

In Germany we was registered with the vet already because we used them for the normal return process before Brexit, we did not have to supply anything other then the normal the dog has to have but as I said the dog had to be re vaccinated for rabies. The same process took place in Spain only that it took two visits, typically Spain , the vet was in Malaga just picked at random. The German rabies vaccination lasts for 3 years and the Spanish one is for 2 years, why? We don’t know , but once you have the passport you can get the vaccination re done any where in the eu when needed, but not in the Uk, so like us going abroad twice no it’s no problem. We even think it might be cost affective to get it done on a day trip to France alongside some shopping ect.
Tringy
userDen
Posted: 10 January 2022 12:53 PM

Treasured contributor

Thank you Tringy.
That’ll be a great help to know both ways are no problem.
userteccer1234
Posted: 10 January 2022 7:00 PM

tringy - 2022-01-10 12:20 PM

In Germany we was registered with the vet already because we used them for the normal return process before Brexit, we did not have to supply anything other then the normal the dog has to have but as I said the dog had to be re vaccinated for rabies. The same process took place in Spain only that it took two visits, typically Spain , the vet was in Malaga just picked at random. The German rabies vaccination lasts for 3 years and the Spanish one is for 2 years, why? We don’t know , but once you have the passport you can get the vaccination re done any where in the eu when needed, but not in the Uk, so like us going abroad twice no it’s no problem. We even think it might be cost affective to get it done on a day trip to France alongside some shopping ect.

thanks , as our dog is already registered with the Spanish vet hopefully we should have no problem
Jump to page : First 1 Last
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)(Return to Homepage)

Any problems? Contact the administrator