Dome satellites for pvc

sandalwood

Anyone heard of satfi uk domes. Are they any good for France further down from La Rochelle, trouble free, after sales service. Or shud I go to mini dome from Roadpro? Don’t really like the look of the domes on pvc however, I suppose get used to it. Looks a bit like a bowler hat stuck on! But if it works ok.........

Ian

8o|

We have a Snipe dome on our Tracker (not PVC) we have never had any problems with it. We bought it from Red Apple Digital and it has never let us down. We used to live in France about 1 hour north of Bordeaux and received UK TV no problem but that was before the footprint changed. Used it about 3 years ago 30 miles south of Angouleme, Charente, France and got all UK programs.

Hi

I have a SatFi UK, bought for its low profile 26cm and because I could make it fit over a glued on Snipe Pro metal base after said Snipe failed twice due to filling with water! Others have had better luck with the Snipe.

My version of the snipe used a panel antenna, these have been replaced with the more usual dish type. The company sells various domes, all made in Korea, with various different reception capabilities. On the UK spot beam, mine works as far south as Paris and that's it. The SatFi UK+ is supposed to go further and their RV branded models definitely will - at the expense of additional size.

Just bear in mind that a huge dome will look well silly on a PVC roof, and will also shade any nearby solar panels.

video:

pic: https://photos.veletron.com/picture.php?/200/category/222

Nigel

PAJay - 2018-09-26 10:06 PM

We used our 40cm roadpro dome as far south as Bordeaux, and in northern Spain,

Could also get some news channels as far as Calpe.in english We used to tune into the German sat for the F1 races

PJay

Was your Spain trip after Feb 2014 - when the switch to 2E and 2F + the tighter UK spot beam happened? And was this using FTA, Freesat, or a UK Sky box with a viewing card?

FTA and Freesat use the UK spot beam, while the Sky box gets its BBC/ITV channels via the EU beam encrypted and requiring a viewing card to access. The EU beam is much easier to receive than the spot beam - but things are always changing so maybe my info is now out of date!

Nigel

sandalwood - 2018-09-28 7:13 AM

Hi. Tks for info. How has your Satfi been, working ok, no issues? We cannot see any reviews so need to know more. Please would you give your experiences. Like or no like, problems if any, ability to find channels? Many thanks and regards

(just noticed the other thread was yours too!)

SatFi has been just fine. Almost 3 years old now, just works as it should. No issues finding sat, locks on within 30 sec used from Paris to north of Scotland and west to western isles without issue.

For occasional TV, the internet option can work well too, easiest solution is to buy an Fire TV Stick, and a MiFi. the likes of BBC iPlayer can be configured for a lower quality pic to save bandwidth. I use mine to watch stuff I recorded at home via my Plex server. I've also used it as a backup for the sat dish - trees and mountains will block your sat-signal, but you cant always park up with a clear view for the dome.

You need a decent 4G or 3G signal for the internet TV to work, and ideally an externally mounted antenna. Suggest looking at my guide: https://www.veletron.com/motorhome-internet-access-guide/ EE has by far the best 4G coverage UK wide.

Nigel

Archived