Dometic Fridge LIght

niktam

I have one of the standard Dometic 96L fridges and the light does not operate. The MH manual and the Dometic manual are both silent on how to change the bulb. I'm not even sure if it is a normal filament bulb or is it LED which shouldn't have failed yet?

I may be making this up, but I have dim recollections of being thrown by this on a RM53xx fridge on a previous 'van, and wondering why the internal light wasn't working..

AFAIR, whilst the control electronics were permanently wired (and thus could be used to operate the fridge at any time), but the lighting (only) was supplied from the main-panel-switched 12V supply, and thus the interior light only worked with 12V also on at the panel.

As I say, only a dim memory, (though I definitely had the symptoms) but the wiring diagram supports this as a possibility (and patently it would depend on how the convertor had wired it).

I'd just quickly check that the light isn't dependent on the 12V panel switch (the remainder of the fridge function shouldn't be).

Archived